What's new

Mixed hunt

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,178
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to resist the temptation to hit the beach early after the 4th. I was only partially successful. I stayed away from the madhouse of the major ocean beaches, but, I still had to get my fix! Anyway, this is the haul from yesterday. Some items, like the Sargent USN padlock and the brass clamp with a June 20th 1893 patent date on it were found in the dirt. The lock is WW2 vintage near as I can tell. The 3 wheat cents and the "heads I win, tails you lose" token were also found in the dirt. The rest was found in the sand at a few different beaches. $6.87 in change and the one earring is stamped .925.
742025hunt.webp
USNlock.webp
USNlock2.webp
 
Upvote 15
GREAT FINDS :) I love finding locks
 
Very nice finds - the USN Padlock is very cool !
 
Thanks Red-Coat! :icon_thumright:
 
Cool finds. The clamp patent was granted to Howard B. Sherman of Battle Creek, Michigan for an improvement in hose-clamps:

View attachment 2215528
If I have to give it a quick thought to what kinds of personalities these signatures of the witnesses and the inventor(s) reveal back 132 years , I would say these people had a bright and optimistic view of the future and of their surroundings : everything occuring in a progressive well connected manner and events flowing smoothly one after the other..... just.like their signatures on paper!
 
I tried to resist the temptation to hit the beach early after the 4th. I was only partially successful. I stayed away from the madhouse of the major ocean beaches, but, I still had to get my fix! Anyway, this is the haul from yesterday. Some items, like the Sargent USN padlock and the brass clamp with a June 20th 1893 patent date on it were found in the dirt. The lock is WW2 vintage near as I can tell. The 3 wheat cents and the "heads I win, tails you lose" token were also found in the dirt. The rest was found in the sand at a few different beaches. $6.87 in change and the one earring is stamped .925. View attachment 2215501View attachment 2215502View attachment 2215503
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom