Modern Day Treasure Hunting Legends

Matt Abugov

Oct 29, 2013
Toronto
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[B][I]Modern Day Treasure Hunting Legends[/I][/B]

Hey Everybody,

My name is Matthew Abugov and I'm a documentary filmmaker from Toronto. I've been looking around this amazing site that includes tons and tons of forums regarding all topics about treasure. I was wondering if anybody can offer some help with providing me with some info on who some of today's biggest, most famous treasure hunters are. I'm not talking about backyard finds with a metal detector, i'm more curious in documenting well known, publicized treasure hunters that have hit the jackpot with their findings. I'd really appreciate a hand in targeting where my research should be started from the people who know this business best! Let me know you guys, and if anything valuable comes up that will benefit the project, those people who helped will most definitely be recognized in the film that my company and i put together.

thank you all,

Matthew Abugov

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello my friend.

I think your a little late with that concept. The horse has bolted...

I cannot count the amount of Directors that waltzed onto this site proclaiming that bold statement...

Then only dished up the usual cheap assed brain dead crap. Some used up has been dredged up from god Knows where proclaiming to the be a real treasure hunter.

Only to add fuel to administrators in governments fire to legilate us out of existance.

Crap is crap my friend placing a different colured bow on it doesn't cut it any more.

Can't you guys cannot come up with some thing more original any without copying each other?

Crow

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Matt :icon_thumleft:
(that sounds Strange :laughing7: )

I would suggest Treasure hunting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Odyssey Marine Exploration Odyssey Marine Exploration - Deep-Ocean Shipwreck Experts is probably the Most Famous right now
but also
Fritz Hanselmann http://news.discovery.com/history/archaeology/captain-morgans-pirate-ship-found-110806.htm

then the is the Mel Fisher Group Mel Fisher's Treasures - Historic Shipwreck Recovery

as I said It's all Easy to find By Googling

"professional treasure Hunters"

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Speaking of famous treasure hunters: In W.C. Jameson's most recent book, "About the Author" states "In 2013 he was inducted into the Professional Treasure Hunters Hall of Fame."

Is anyone out there familiar with that institution?

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions