What's new

Monday, Two Hurricanes in the Gulf.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2017
Messages
7,064
Reaction score
12,562
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just checked out the National Hurricane Center, and they predict two hurricanes, at the same time, in the Gulf Monday/Tuesday. Unusual.
 
This time of year, it usually take a hurricane to cool off the Midwest. Big low pressure off the coast draws down the high pressure from Canada with nice cool air. Gary
 
This time of year, it usually take a hurricane to cool off the Midwest. Big low pressure off the coast draws down the high pressure from Canada with nice cool air. Gary

We had two days of low humidity earlier this week. Back in the swamp now.
 
Hopefully it will push some of the sand out. Where I usually hunt has been sanded in for a couple of weeks. After the last storm we had I a couple of really good hunts lots of old targets and not much trash.
 
I. Going to NV we traded hurricanes for smoke!
 
That might be enough to bring some shipwreck treasures ashore
 
They hopefully will be little guys. As luck would have it I'm currently working in Sarasota. Big construction job so rain will slow us down. Sarasota never has hurricanes, neither does Cape Canaveral.
 
Both are expected to be hurricanes, not tropical storms when they hit.
 
They've spread out a bit. Louisiana gets them both, Monday night and Wed. night according to the latest. Hopefully just some wind and rain. Good luck to all.
 
My sympathies to all of you affected. Hoping you all stay safe and dry.
 
They show the one hurricane moving up the Mississippi River all the way up here to IL. Thu. evening. I can't wait. I've noticed that when these left over hurricanes make it up here the rain is way different than usual. It's a very fine dense rain instead of the usual size drops. Weird. Gary
 
The winds are very light right now, St. Bernard parish closed the flood gates last night. Local weather predicts about 7 inches of rain between the two storms and a tide surge of up to 6 feet. Given the height of the levy system and the capacity of the pumps we shouldn’t have any issues aside from the wind gusts. But as we know these storms can turn and strengthen at anytime but for now it looks like we will be alright.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom