theviking
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 29, 2009
- Messages
- 1,404
- Reaction score
- 921
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Blue ridge mts, Virginia
- Primary Interest:
- Other
I know, cores are usually boring, but these two I thought I should take home. The first one is a chunk of banded pink and white Quartzite, at first I thought maybe a crude chopper but was informed by a few folks that it may be a blade core. Only got one shot outside to focus proper for color, the other shots are inside to show detail. The other piece is a monster chunk of Jasper I found near the Fifty site. The Fifty site is a cluster of sites including the Flint run Jasper Quarry, and the Thunderbird site, a large base camp. The Jasper Quarry was mined from 11,450-8,750 B.P.[William.m.Gardner]. It looks like a piece of quality flint with a couple of spalls knocked off, maybe i'm wrong. Anybody have other ideas feel free to say so, you wont hurt my feelings, I might learn something. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
-
DSC_9379 (800x532).webp64.7 KB · Views: 153 -
DSC_9385 (800x532).webp48.8 KB · Views: 125 -
DSC_9384 (800x532).webp35.9 KB · Views: 126 -
DSC_9387 (800x532).webp30.1 KB · Views: 178 -
DSC_9389 (800x532).webp43.3 KB · Views: 130 -
DSC_9392 (800x532).webp38.6 KB · Views: 124 -
DSC_9377 (800x517).webp21.6 KB · Views: 144
Upvote
0







