Monthly Check in!

Laken

Dec 24, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I thought I would post a small update for the past 2 months. August brought me loads of firsts!! (pics can be provided, but I dont usually do so, haha)

Firsts include:
Columbian Expo!
Washington commemorative!
1970 half!! (This one knocked my socks off! been in the hobby for 2 years, and never thought I would EVER see one of these)
Silver canadian half!
90% proof silver (2004)

Man! was a great month! (A little side note, I thought of Apush when I got the washington comm. since i remembered her saying a while ago that she had been looking and hoping for one.)

Then September rolled around, and the finds died down, but for two reasons!
1) School started
2) dwindling finds

On a different note! Had a hilarious encounter with an ignorant CRHer.

Not too long ago, I had run into a CRher at one of my local dump banks, who had been dumping 3k in halves, all at once! (The kicker: They were all cut rolls, searched and still left in their respective boxes. I felt bad for that teller that had to put them all into bags themself)

I think Bigheed will understand the kicker more than most.

Anyways, Upon asking the guy what he is doing, he responds, "Oh! These aren't mine! I just dump them for my boss"

My boss??? Is there a CRHer in L.A. that now hires lackies to do their dirty work? haha

Needless to say, many of my dumpbanks have began getting angry, especially since he just jumps from bank to bank once the previous one has began charging him for his rudeness of dumping. Just the other day... my main pick-up bank had complained of a 3k, still-in-box, dumping fool! What the heck! I am just ranting now, but anyways, HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!!!

P.S. if you read this Bigheed, just out of curiosity, how are your finds lately?

Upvote 0
I dump $3k in coins daily. You just have to know what banks will accept them, and which banks have the sourpuss tellers.

Hi Laken, I'll be posting a tally for September soon, been busy at work and went to Maui for a week, but despite being gone and searching less than july/august, September has been my best month ever and best month since June.

At first I was worried about some declining trends....but September has lowered my concerns :-)

Sounds like you have a lot of great finds as well, congrats!!

And Yes Laken I understand, I had one small supply bank (1k halves or so per week) like usual i always ask for loose halves, "ya we got a whole box". They were all cut, so I explained to the tellers this should be sent back to the processing center as gently as I could without saying explicitly theres no silver to be found in there.... lol. I've not seen anymore cut and taped rolls there and its been a good 2 months.....so hopefully they defelected this person.

Ayways! congrats and I'll try to post something at the end of the month....been crazy busy hunting like mad and working.....in that order :-).....closing in on 40 Troy oz for the month tho!

Bigheed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back