What's new

More Buttons

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
10,425
Reaction score
2,724
Golden Thread
1
Location
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

I know how you all liked the buttons I posted the outher day, so here's a few more with ID's needed :help:

SS.
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    90 KB · Views: 244
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    110.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    113.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    113.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 017.webp
    017.webp
    133.4 KB · Views: 204
Cant help with id but you sure have an amazing collection of buttons!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
Wow! So many nice buttons and so little time to devote to them...

First pic: Royal Regiment of Artillery late 19th century, British Railways Uniform mid 20th century, greyhound livery button similar to Norcliffe of Langton Hall 19th centruy (?).

The SDH button counld be "South Devon Hunt".

Wish I had more time to research. :'(

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Silver searcher, your buttons are really interesting, especially the "Spencer" backmark. I've been reading through known British backmarks and so far haven't found that one. Is it common over there? If it is not listed as a maker it very well could be a political backmark, such as we have over here with the "Monroe", "Jackson" etc. backmarks.
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Wow! So many nice buttons and so little time to devote to them...

First pic: Royal Regiment of Artillery late 19th century, British Railways Uniform mid 20th century, greyhound livery button similar to Norcliffe of Langton Hall 19th centruy (?).

The SDH button counld be "South Devon Hunt".

Wish I had more time to research. :'(

DCMatt

Couldn't resist one more. Next to last pic - Fownes "Own Make" glove button early 20th century.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Wow! So many nice buttons and so little time to devote to them...

First pic: Royal Regiment of Artillery late 19th century, British Railways Uniform mid 20th century, greyhound livery button similar to Norcliffe of Langton Hall 19th centruy (?).

The SDH button counld be "South Devon Hunt".

Wish I had more time to research. :'(

DCMatt
Thanks Matt :thumbsup:

SS.
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
Silver searcher, your buttons are really interesting, especially the "Spencer" backmark. I've been reading through known British backmarks and so far haven't found that one. Is it common over there? If it is not listed as a maker it very well could be a political backmark, such as we have over here with the "Monroe", "Jackson" etc. backmarks.
HI Johny...

I know very little about buttons :P it's only just lately I have shown a interest :dontknow: I think the reason is because of the GW's posted recently :o

I shall in future take a bit more notice, I'm getting quite attached to them and the history of them :thumbsup:

SS.
 
Upvote 0
If you have a 1000 buttons I think your better ones are still to come. They're just not as pretty.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
If you have a 1000 buttons I think your better ones are still to come. They're just not as pretty.
Spent two hours this afternoon sifting through them :laughing9: your proberbly right though ::) some that won't seem important to me, would you guys :read2:

SS.
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
If you have a 1000 buttons I think your better ones are still to come. They're just not as pretty.
Spent two hours this afternoon sifting through them :laughing9: your proberbly right though ::) some that won't seem important to me, would you guys :read2:

SS.

Basically it's the military. Numbers, regiment names, anchors, cannons, thistles, anything with a crown, & tudor rose design is a good start. Usually the earlier the button, the better it will be.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
If you have a 1000 buttons I think your better ones are still to come. They're just not as pretty.
Spent two hours this afternoon sifting through them :laughing9: your proberbly right though ::) some that won't seem important to me, would you guys :read2:

SS.

Basically it's the military. Numbers, regiment names, anchors, cannons, thistles, anything with a crown, & tudor rose design is a good start. Usually the earlier the button, the better it will be.
I think you have seen most of them I have, the rest are just plain old buttons, different sizes and metals, but I will keep looking :(

SS.
 
Upvote 0
I like the local Hunts Button S.D.H :icon_thumright:

How can you not like some of these ::)
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
I like the local Hunts Button S.D.H :icon_thumright:

How can you not like some of these ::)
I was refering to the blank buttons ::)

SS.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom