What's new

More Campsite Spoons and Clues (Plus a fork)

Keith123

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
315
Reaction score
586
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southeasern , CT
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (11in Coil), White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it back to the campsite to see how many more spoons I could find. As no surprise, I found a few spoons and a fork. More interestingly I found a couple of items that many date the campsite and tell me who camped here. The first dig at the campsite was a coin spill. 1916 Buff, 1899 IH, 1917 Merc, and 1911 Barber dime. Good start! Shortly there after a s small sterling bowl with a handle turned up. Maybe a candle holder? This was a cool find because the first thing that came out of the whole was a couple pieces of broken file. I knew it had a high probability of being iron cause I heard the squeak/grunt. Deus users know what I'm talking about. When I rescanned the whole the grunt was gone but the squeak was still there. A couple inches from under the file, out popped this beautiful sterling object (any idea on date?). As I was working the heavy iron, I got another squeak/grunt. This time lots of nails were hiding a military button, 1899 barber dime and some neat looking blue glass (military button is about the size of a nickel). I think after coins dating to the turn of the century and a military button, my vote is pre WWI military campsite.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965399.893328.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965427.197079.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965448.515851.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965474.198352.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965499.050362.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965534.706825.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965550.305145.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965563.255601.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965578.057242.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965588.807953.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965600.943373.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965613.661401.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443965627.394751.webp
 
Upvote 4
You silver bowl with the turned up handle, is a tea caddy spoon.
 
Great variety of coins. Love the silver tea caddy, the engraving is awesome. Great padlock and silverware as well.
 
The sailboat on your caddy looks like a Dutch
Speeljacht - possibly made in Holland - mid 1800's. Can you make out any of the hallmarks?
​
 

Attachments

  • bonwindmillsdet4.webp
    bonwindmillsdet4.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
The sailboat on your caddy looks like a Dutch
Speeljacht - possibly made in Holland - mid 1800's. Can you make out any of the hallmarks?​

Looks like it says R10 and some other symbol
 
If it is Dutch, the symbol is a sword indicating .833 silver and date between 1814-1905, the R10 indicates 1851.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom