More coins under the coinstar machine...

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a particular coinstar location I have visited twice now...which is mostly out of view at the grocery store...in the two visits I've used a retrieving apparatus to get underneath and pulled out a number of coins... today's amount $2.05...If this stays consistent I think there may be a hole underneath...

Thanks for viewing!

Attachments

• IMG_20240429_172312981.jpg
    IMG_20240429_172312981.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 10

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING find :) I have NEVER found a coin in any of them CONGRATS

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you believe there’s a consistent issue with coins falling through, it might be worth mentioning to the store management so they can address any potential problems with the machine. Coinstar machines are designed to count and sort coins efficiently, but they’re not perfect and sometimes coins do get misplaced.
I'll see if this happens again... that's a lot of coinage...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had an interesting thought....once you rake it clean, you could slide a piece of butcher paper under the machine. Be easy to cut it to fit between the things feet, and then all you gotta do is slide it out and pick up your money.

With the right color paper I seriously doubt anyone would even notice it. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you believe there’s a consistent issue with coins falling through, it might be worth mentioning to the store management so they can address any potential problems with the machine. Coinstar machines are designed to count and sort coins efficiently, but they’re not perfect and sometimes coins do get misplaced.
And also, thank you for bringing up to mention the issue to management.... integrity is important....I wish that was my first thought...

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an interesting thought....once you rake it clean, you could slide a piece of butcher paper under the machine. Be easy to cut it to fit between the things feet, and then all you gotta do is slide it out and pick up your money.

With the right color paper I seriously doubt anyone would even notice it. :icon_thumright:
Very clever...I will use it to show management there's a hole...if there is a hole...if it doesn't pile up...that may be another story...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread