What's new

More colonial goodies - silver thimble

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2009
Messages
2,478
Reaction score
1,966
Golden Thread
2
Location
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to get out again yesterday and after driving an extra hour to find the land owner, we were able to obtain permission for all her fields and properties (over 4 sq miles). Should keep us busy all Fall and Spring.
Not as good as last week, which will be hard to beat in my books. Managed a Geo I, Geo II and Geo III (pictured the III, as it is the best shape one) late in the day along with a really toasty RP button. About half way through the hunt I managed to pull this stunning bracelet out but is only silver plated (my wife loved it). I was wondering if I was going to make the silver board and I did with this silver initialled thimble, it's crushed a bit but has MB on it...maybe one I will have restored. Yup a trade axe was found this hunt as well but not by me this time...thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • Bracelet.webp
    Bracelet.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Geo 3.webp
    Geo 3.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 287
  • Thimble.webp
    Thimble.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 01NOV15.webp
    01NOV15.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 24
Sounds like a great property. Do you believe more than one house site on it ?
Good assortment, and that thimble should straighten out pretty good.
 
We gave it a good hard day, and 3 of the 4 of us managed a piece of silver, plus there was gold and a silver spoon last time. Lots of jewelry coming out as well, that bracelet is nice, I got the plated ring last week and I think the other guys got some sort of jewelry piece too.
 
Congratz on a nice hunt!
 
Sounds like a great property. Do you believe more than one house site on it ?
Good assortment, and that thimble should straighten out pretty good.

The site is huge, I know there is more than one house on there :)
 
It's looking like an awesome site Patriot, congrats on the new permission and finds. A silver thimble is still on my bucket list... I've found about a dozen colonial-early 1800s brass ones but the silver ones have seemed to elude me. :) The coppers are fantastic as well... also... any close-ups on the RP button?
 
Great digs. Congrats on the bracelet and thimble.
 
Last edited:
A new property and a bag of finds, sounds like a perfect day!

Having enough for four people to dig at a site is a pretty good site in my books, I'd be over the moon if we had a site that lasted an entire day
 
It's looking like an awesome site Patriot, congrats on the new permission and finds. A silver thimble is still on my bucket list... I've found about a dozen colonial-early 1800s brass ones but the silver ones have seemed to elude me. :) The coppers are fantastic as well... also... any close-ups on the RP button?

Nothing that looks good to my camera but here is one that my buddy found just about a foot from mine.. Darn pewters!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3246.webp
    IMG_3246.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 96
Looks like a great site check that will take sometime to hot spot out. Liking the silver thimble are you going to have it straightened out or display like it was found?
 
Looks like a great site check that will take sometime to hot spot out. Liking the silver thimble are you going to have it straightened out or display like it was found?

If I can find a name or 2 of persons who can straighten it out I will...would like to do it justice... thanks
 
Yeap looks good & that counterfiet Geo III is pretty cool with the off-centre die.
 
It's crazy the number of these RP buttons you guys dig, would love to have one at the bottom of my plug. Looks like very promising dirt, congrats on a killer permission.
 
Maybe no banner but cool stuff!
 
It's crazy the number of these RP buttons you guys dig, would love to have one at the bottom of my plug. Looks like very promising dirt, congrats on a killer permission.


It's a tease in a way because every other Loyalist button is a better find, but we keep running into RPs. Would be nice to see something different come out.
 
It's a tease in a way because every other Loyalist button is a better find, but we keep running into RPs. Would be nice to see something different come out.

Speak for yourself...all i get is those 2nd Americans, which love but...need desent RP for display...
 
Speak for yourself...all i get is those 2nd Americans, which love but...need desent RP for display...


Nowhere near in the same category. I'd cash all my RPs in to start digging 2nds steady!
 
Congratulations on the cool relics and coins!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom