What's new

More Finds From The Dez

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,911
Reaction score
47,608
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
62f and sunny so I just couldn't help myself! Hunted my new favorite ghost town, but no coins today. :crybaby2:

But, I did find a really nice assay crucible and some other random junk!

IMG_0708.webp


The live round is a .38 S&W
IMG_0709.webp
IMG_0710.webp


Bonus pic is a blooming Joshua tree:
IMG_0707.webp
 
Upvote 28
62f and sunny so I just couldn't help myself! Hunted my new favorite ghost town, but no coins today. :crybaby2:

But, I did find a really nice assay crucible and some other random junk!

View attachment 2240798

The live round is a .38 S&W
View attachment 2240799View attachment 2240800

Bonus pic is a blooming Joshua tree:
View attachment 2240801
Nice score on the crucible, can't recall ever seen another posted up in the today's finds.
Cool looking budding flower.
Is the silver tube looking item plated or silver?
Nice to see you getting out and enjoying the great weather.
 
Nice score on the crucible, can't recall ever seen another posted up in the today's finds.
Cool looking budding flower.
Is the silver tube looking item plated or silver?
Nice to see you getting out and enjoying the great weather.
It's plated and says "American Pencil Co." on it. It's the third one I've found, not sure what it is exactly.
 
Love the crucible.
The silver tube thing at first glance had me thinking old antique snake bite kit!
I still have my late fathers one from when he was young.
Has a scalpel, lancet one end and condis crystals in the other end. But pencil company probably not.
IMG_20260115_174852567~2.webp

IMG_20260115_174919738~2.webp

IMG_20260115_174943688~2.webp
 
The silver tube thing at first glance had me thinking old antique snake bite kit!
I still have my late fathers one from when he was young.
Has a scalpel, lancet one end and condis crystals in the other end. But pencil company probably not.

Always had a couple of those snake bite kits in my old Blazer, as I spent a huge amount
of time running around the deserts, and frequently met up with rattlesnakes.

Today, the doc's don't want you to do much of anything with a snake bite, other
than get your arse to the hospital asap. I guess the old bite kits with the scalpel
and suction cups, etc. caused more issues than they solved.

Heard you've got some real nasties down there in Australia. I don't fear snakes,
but sure as hell respect them, and stay out of their safety zones.
 
Always had a couple of those snake bite kits in my old Blazer, as I spent a huge amount
of time running around the deserts, and frequently met up with rattlesnakes.

Today, the doc's don't want you to do much of anything with a snake bite, other
than get your arse to the hospital asap. I guess the old bite kits with the scalpel
and suction cups, etc. caused more issues than they solved.

Heard you've got some real nasties down there in Australia. I don't fear snakes,
but sure as hell respect them, and stay out of their safety zones.
Yep, respect them. I'll dodge them if I see any on the road. Most people run them over. They're not welcome in our yard though, all bets are off then. 😁
 
Nice finds thank you for sharing with us. Noce pictures as well !!!
 
This is the first time I've seen a complete crucible. You didn't find any coins, but maybe next time.
Me too! Thousands of broken ones, and one with just a dime sized chip in the rim I found last year. I was shocked to see this one was whole when I pulled it out.
 
Me too! Thousands of broken ones, and one with just a dime sized chip in the rim I found last year. I was shocked to see this one was whole when I pulled it out.
Do I see a "gold" coating on that crucible?
 
That stuff looks familiar.....🤔....:laughing7:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom