What's new

More from the British camp (withd video)

Palmetto

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
324
Reaction score
548
Golden Thread
2
Location
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
British Camp still producing. Several trips out and we keep getting into new areas-We have discovered that it extended for quite a ways and we are slowly working our way to what we hope is the main part of the camp.
Early British coppers are starting to come up and Greg even got a 3 copper coin spill (see video). In addition, we have dug some fantastic neckstock buckles-one clasp side and two of the buckle style-
I have attached the newest video so enjoy.

Thanks for looking.
Russ

 

Attachments

  • 20160217_145219.webp
    20160217_145219.webp
    553.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 20160217_155427.webp
    20160217_155427.webp
    648.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20160224_181345.webp
    20160224_181345.webp
    261.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 20160224_181400.webp
    20160224_181400.webp
    283.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3854.webp
    IMG_3854.webp
    204.8 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 40
Congrats Palmetto. Following your progress at this site has been awesome. Thanks for sharing.

That buckle is spectacular! I do not recall seeing one that like before on TNet. The half dozen coppers aint too shabby either!
 
Russ,

Some great finds....should be lots more at that spot.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Awesome hunt. I need to look back on your other post and can't wait to see what you get next. Hope you find the main site.hh!
 
Incredible site. Like Tom said, I have also been really enjoying your progress at this site. Your videos are awesome and very well done. Those stock buckles make me drool and nice work on the coppers. Cant wait to see what else you guys dip up there
 
Congrats, very nice finds, keep digging that site, has to be some old silver there somewhere?
 
Fantastic finds! Love the buckles
 
Awesome digs Russ! Really like those buckles! Hope that site continues to produce for y'all!
 
That rectangular buckle is one of the absolute best looking ones I can remember seeing posted here. I have been enjoying your posts from this site too. I don't know if I could even sleep because I would be thinking about that site.
 
Nice video guys

That's a great site. I'm sure more is gonna come out of there.

HH Jer
 
thanks for comments-heading back out today. I agree on the neckstock buckles,they seem to be a fairly scarce relic out there and we are thrilled to have dug 3 and really, 3 different varieties. Hoping for a marked artifact shortly.
This camp was mostly British used from 1730 through the Cherokee punitive campaigns (1760's) and then at start of Rev war, the SC militia (3rd Regiment) was there.

Russ
 
Last edited:
Wow- if that's not the main part of the camp I can't imagine what you will recover when you do find it! Thanks for sharing the finds here for all to see. :)
 
Last edited:
DAMN THERE PALMETTO YOU KNOCKED IT OUT THE BALL PARK WITH THE BUCKLE . MAN THATS IS UNREAL AND WILL LOOK SWEET IN A CASE , CANT GET OVER THE CAVET WITH THE DESIGN ON IT .
 
You're on a very GIVING site.
Some Beautiful and not too common finds.
Congrats to you and hope the Main Jackpot
is just a hunt or two away.
 
Holy crap, how did I miss this?
The knee stocking buckle is awesome.
Isn't that what the one is?
The rest is out of this world!
As of my camp, I'm find it is spread out.
Haven't found a concentration in one spot.
Congrats Russ, can't wait to the progress.
 
Holy crap, how did I miss this?
The knee stocking buckle is awesome.
Isn't that what the one is?
The rest is out of this world!
As of my camp, I'm find it is spread out.
Haven't found a concentration in one spot.
Congrats Russ, can't wait to the progress.

George-they are all neckstock buckles. they held the scarf/cravat in place. That was a "necessary" of the British army. The more military style would have been the male end and the clasp end (with slots) and then personal ones would have been more of the shoe buckle type design.
This new spot was also on the southern side of the hill so we figure they were camping here for over a quarter mile-so pretty spread out.
 
Last edited:
Wow those neck stock buckles are incredible. Those are some amazing finds. What a site that has been. Great job man....keep em coming
 
Great digs! The buckles are terrific. Don't see too many neck stock buckles being dug.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom