More from the cigar boxes

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, they all need protected, they're all very nice points. Don't let them get chipped around in a box, thank you.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with wells. Just about everything I see in those pictures would be in a tray if I had them. At least in Riker Mounts. If they stay in the cigar box very long they will end up with broken tips and dings on them.

OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
I keep them in boxes that are packed full of paper towels so the don't clunk around. How do you all protect your collections? I couldn't imagine putting everything I have in frames let alone trying to ID them. I use to think only the big nice ones were worth anything but I have been finding out that small ones are not junk. THNX for the concern.

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
outlawatheart said:
what is a Riker Mount?
a riker mount is a simple display case with a styrofoam backing which comes with the case. styrofoam is not always used but will hold the artifact securely in the case.the case has a glass cover that is secured with four pins. pretty basic and cheap.google riker cases for a pic.

OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
THNX...I do have my best ones in just such cases, with fluffy cotton type pads. Just did not know they had a name.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First let me tell you that those should be in Ryker Frames. Retire the Cigar box!!! That last picture the fluted point in the center of the frame looks like a Redstone!!! A very rare Paleo type. It is usually fluted multiple times and that one appears to be. I would have that one restored!!..............That is my opinion and it is what i would do.........................................GTP :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
Get-the-point said:
First let me tell you that those should be in Ryker Frames. Retire the Cigar box!!! That last picture the fluted point in the center of the frame looks like a Redstone!!! A very rare Paleo type. It is usually fluted multiple times and that one appears to be. I would have that one restored!!..............That is my opinion and it is what i would do.........................................GTP :icon_thumleft:
I didn't realize that they are worth anything when so damaged. I have several like it all from the same cave. Guess I better take a second look through my tips and tails boxes
The cigar boxes will be retired in the very near future. Thank you all for the good advise!

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outlawatheart said:
Get-the-point said:
I didn't realize that they are worth anything when so damaged. I have several like it all from the same cave. Guess I better take a second look through my tips and tails boxes
The cigar boxes will be retired in the very near future. Thank you all for the good advise!

If it is a true Redstone and you have several like it then you have yourself one hell of a find!!! That Redstone if perfect would fetch possibly about $600 per inch and also material has every thing to do with the evaluation of price. To find others in the same place you have yourself a paleo site. I would dig it out if you have the chance. That piece that you have broken there i would pay you $35 for it as is. After restoration it would have a potential price of maybe a little over a $100 to $200 depending what someone will pay for it................All points have value from pennies to thousands of dollars. You have a site that would reap the higher end of that figure if you start pulling out perfect pieces........................GTP

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the one in the last frame upper right? I agree with everyone. Your cigar collection is worth protecting for sure. Thanks for showing all of your stuff in your post. Have enjoyed looking at everything.
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
TnMountains said:
What is the one in the last frame upper right? I agree with everyone. Your cigar collection is worth protecting for sure. Thanks for showing all of your stuff in your post. Have enjoyed looking at everything.
HH
TnMtns
Your welcome TnMountains.
It is a paleo piece... from a shelter cave...I do not know what type.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread