What's new

More gridding in the pasture - 1909 Wheat, Button, tiny Porsche

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heading up to Northern Indiana tomorrow for four days to help my brother move back home. I thought I'd throw this quick post in before I head out.
I am still gridding off the large horse pasture at the plantation house. These were found at lunch after two passes from side to side.
Nothing earth shattering, but seeing the round green patina pop out was a real thrill. Hoping for an old copper, but it turned out to be a button. :'(
Have a great week,
MM

*1909 Wheat , no VDB, no "S". :'(

*A Regens brand lighter - Patent date Feb. 7, 1933

*21mm button with wreath back mark

*A 2" long thin brass piece w/soldered ends.
Is this a CW relic? I swear I've seen this piece before somewhere.

*Lead seal (?), asst'd bullets, glass shard, a tiny toy Porsche (lots of HORSEpower). ;D :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • MVC-242S.webp
    MVC-242S.webp
    21 KB · Views: 606
  • MVC-243S.webp
    MVC-243S.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 593
  • MVC-244S.webp
    MVC-244S.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 605
  • MVC-245S.webp
    MVC-245S.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 598
  • MVC-246S.webp
    MVC-246S.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 603
  • MVC-247S.webp
    MVC-247S.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 592
  • MVC-248S.webp
    MVC-248S.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 592
  • MVC-249S.webp
    MVC-249S.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 595
Upvote 0
I like that button Doug. Very cool. :thumbsup:
 
Evolution said:
I like that button Doug. Very cool. :thumbsup:

Thanks Ev.
You Sir have been having a h-ll of a week on finds!!!! Congrats to you. Awesome stuff.
-MM-
 
Very cool! Glad you decided to share before you took off! Have a safe trip and don't work too hard!
 
Nice days diggin,

HH
 
That lighter is cool. :)

You know it's going to be cold this weekend. Better pack your jacket. :wink: Oh, that's right, you guys don't have jackets. :D ;D

Hey, it you are still finding things there is still hope for that BIG SCORE. :thumbsup:

Good luck in Indiana. I'll meet you at the schoolhouse Sat at noon. ;D

Bob
 
Cynangyl said:
Very cool! Glad you decided to share before you took off! Have a safe trip and don't work too hard!

Thank you.
I have one day to detect while I'm there and the weather is calling for rain/snow in the 40's. :'( What luck.
I am hoping to locate where this late 1800's school was in the country.
-MM-
 

Attachments

  • 1800\'s school.webp
    1800\'s school.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 545
That pasture is still producing the goodies, Doug! I hope you can make your ancestas proud at that new site. :wink: :thumbsup:

Kyle
 
I like buttons, MM! ;D

Lots a neat finds today! Hope ya have a great trip and find somethin' good!!!

Nana :)
 
Mirage said:
That lighter is cool. :)

You know it's going to be cold this weekend. Better pack your jacket. :wink: Oh, that's right, you guys don't have jackets. :D ;D

Hey, it you are still finding things there is still hope for that BIG SCORE. :thumbsup:

Good luck in Indiana. I'll meet you at the schoolhouse Sat at noon. ;D

Bob

Bob,
I'm leaving 80 degree weather here this w/end to help my brother. If it rains, I'll have his butt holding an umbrella over me while I hunt. That's the least he can do. ;D I do have a jacket, but I had it dry cleaned and set up until next winter. :tongue3:
As far as the plantation pasture, I'm starting to get to the top of the hill by the large dead oak. Lot's of trash to get through up there. Also a lot of deep horse doo. I'll be wearing rubber boots soon to get through there. :wink:
See you on Saturday at the school. Don't be late or you'll be doing some timeout mister! :thumbsup:
-Doug-
 
I like that Porsche! Thanks for sharing your cool finds. Have a safe trip.

Pepper
 
Yes, be safe Doug!! Good stuff as always. I don't know why, but I am seeing light switch on that brass piece, Just a hunch. Bongo
 
Nice finds MM :thumbsup: That lighter is way cool.
 
Cool little piece of a harminica reed...great digs...
HH
Baggins
 
ModernMiner said:
Cynangyl said:
Very cool! Glad you decided to share before you took off! Have a safe trip and don't work too hard!

Thank you.
I have one day to detect while I'm there and the weather is calling for rain/snow in the 40's. :'( What luck.
I am hoping to locate where this late 1800's school was in the country.
-MM-
Look at all that "wrastlin" in the pic Doug....gotta love it!!!Hope to have something waiting for you when you get back.Best of Luck!!!
 
amazing to find that old lighter and stuff with the car. Car doesn't look very old Congrats on some find digs :thumbsup:
 
Cool digs Doug!! Sounds like you have a great weekend coming up. Good luck out there!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Nice finds as usual MM ... hope you get a little detecting time in while on your trip ~ Jimmy

PS... I'm proud to say this was my 500th post!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom