• Pennies 003.jpg
    Pennies 003.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 565
  • Pennies 004.jpg
    Pennies 004.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 563
Upvote 0
Re: More Hammered

That is two beautiful coins. Congrats. :)

Great Finds Rob!
Is the area pretty dry where you're finding these or is it the fact that they're made out of silver that they're in such good condition?
The few coins I'm finding (just about to post some more) are only a couple hundred years old at the most and have lost nearly all their detail.

Nice :thumbsup:

I don't understand, you never post the average type finds like buckles etc... Do you not keep them or only post the good stuff?

Nice finds :thumbsup:

You guys over there sure dig some neat looking coins!

CRUSADER said:
Nice :thumbsup:

I don't understand, you never post the average type finds like buckles etc... Do you not keep them or only post the good stuff?
No I keep everything,ive got boxes like this all over the house and in the garage,it drives my wife mad. I do tend to find taking and formatting pictures very tedious, so sometimes I post only the best finds.

Attachments

• Pennies 005.jpg
    Pennies 005.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 399
  • Pennies 006.jpg
    Pennies 006.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Pennies 005.jpg
    Pennies 005.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 441
  • Pennies 006.jpg
    Pennies 006.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 428
  • Pennies 005.jpg
    Pennies 005.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 402
  • Pennies 006.jpg
    Pennies 006.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 407

WOW!
I love those photos!!!
Looks like you've found some great things - sure would like to see whats in the rest of your boxes!!!! :wink:

nice hammered rob :thumbsup:

are those boxes really only your average finds :o >:(

shaun7 said:

Yes shaun that's the interesting junk. Don't know how I managed to send the pictures twice though (I really do find the computer part tedious).

robfinds said:
shaun7 said:

Yes shaun that's the interesting junk. Don't know how I managed to send the pictures twice though (I really do find the computer part tedious).

i know what you mean, i have to download a picture resize thing again since having to reformat the computer!

i've spent the last month on the phone to our internet providers without succes >:( so i'm sick of it!!!

Good lord that's a lot of stuff! WTG!

robfinds said:
davidtn said:
Good lord that's a lot of stuff! WTG!
As we say in Yorkshire that's nowt, the house is like a junk yard.

I call it Paradise

DavidBeard said:
Great Finds Rob!
Is the area pretty dry where you're finding these or is it the fact that they're made out of silver that they're in such good condition?
The few coins I'm finding (just about to post some more) are only a couple hundred years old at the most and have lost nearly all their detail.
Good silver will usually come out of the ground ok, as long as it's not come into contact with chemicals or been burnt in stubble fires.

robfinds said:
DavidBeard said:
Great Finds Rob!
Good silver will usually come out of the ground ok, as long as it's not come into contact with chemicals or been burnt in stubble fires.

i never thought about stubble fires! they must have ruined some good finds before :-\

it's not allowed any more, is it?

shaun7 said:
i never thought about stubble fires! they must have ruined some good finds before :-\

it's not allowed any more, is it?
No - not allowed any more here in the UK but it went on for years! I think all the fertilizers and our constantly wet soil is doing the most damage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back