What's new

More Hummingbirds

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
2,349
Reaction score
8,462
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
The sweet peas are on my garden fence, and the black and blue salvia is in my yard.
 

Attachments

  • 00677.webp
    00677.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 00555.webp
    00555.webp
    87.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 00999.webp
    00999.webp
    81.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 01000.webp
    01000.webp
    91.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 010000.webp
    010000.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 01111.webp
    01111.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 84
Awesome photos, also I find hummingbirds fun to watch. They are very territorial i found out.
 
Great shots, thanks for sharing.
 
Spectacular images Ron :thumbsup:
 
Ron those are beautiful photos. I would like to know the type of camera and lens you use. Beautiful depth of field. Thanks for sharing.
 
Great photos!
 
Man, those are the best hummer shots I have seen in a long time. What type is it? I also have the black and blue salvia and the hummers here go to it and ignore the feeders I put out.
 
Ron those are beautiful photos. I would like to know the type of camera and lens you use. Beautiful depth of field. Thanks for sharing.
Thank You, I used a Canon 5D Mark IV, and a Canon 400mm 5.6L lens.
 
Awesome photos, also I find hummingbirds fun to watch. They are very territorial i found out.

sure are, its like a constant dog fight going on around the feeder on my porch.
 
Man, those are the best hummer shots I have seen in a long time. What type is it? I also have the black and blue salvia and the hummers here go to it and ignore the feeders I put out.
Thanks fyrffytr, I think these are female Rufous hummingbirds......I remember you mentioning the Salvia, and that was the first I had heard of it, and that's why I tried it.
 
Thanks fyrffytr, I think these are female Rufous hummingbirds......I remember you mentioning the Salvia, and that was the first I had heard of it, and that's why I tried it.

cool we have the ruby throated here which are mind blowing with those colors.
 
Do you have any birds with the ruby red throats. We have 2 and a bunch of the green throat. Keeps the bride busy making sugar water. Beautiful pics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom