Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got to Druid on Saturday. We stuck to one area and in the course of time we found some older coins. At one spot I recovered three IHCs within two feet of one another. Total for the day was 4; best is an 1885.
IMG_7407.JPGIMG_7410.JPG

Also got out late this afternoon to a local rec field and found this old medal. Latin at top reads "Ego sum panis vivus", translated "I am the bread of life".

IMG_7411.JPGIMG_7412.JPG

Upvote 25
Nice finds! you find them Indians like I find pull tabs!:BangHead:

Thanks Dparson05! My hunting buddy had a good day: an IHC, V-nickel, and silver ring. The 3 IHCs that were within 2 feet of each other were all down 8 inches minimum.

Thanks Hward56! My oldest son is in firefighter training. He finishes up in June.

Thanks Randy! Cool to find a little "hot spot". We hit it as best we could but conditions were very wet and this should be a spot to return to once it dries up a bit.

Good job I like that pendant And IHPs are alwsys good Well done

Thanks pepperdawg! Knew that short silver run here at Druid wouldn't last but I'll take Indians anyday.

Thanks washingtonian! We pounded it from 9 to 1 and got 5 Indians between us.

Thanks Tommy! I was stoked to find the pendant. It came out of the ground "green" but that rubbed of quickly. With the Latin on the obverse it seems it is pre-1950, maybe earlier. Last two medals like that I've dug have been First Communion commemoratives, both old.

Great hunt, all 4 look nice, really nice pendant too, congratulations on all the saves

Thanks Inspector! I think that zone of 3 IHCs classifies as a spill. The pendant came from the same rec field where I dug a large cent about a month ago. Not too many "relics" from this rec area but I have dug two rings here. It is the closest Baltimore Co. rec complex from my house.

Thanks thrifty76now! Two 1892s, an 1888, and that 1885.

Congrats on the IH cents and nice religious medal! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back