Emerson_ashe
Full Member
- Joined
- Oct 5, 2015
- Messages
- 113
- Reaction score
- 395
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Long island and CT
- Detector(s) used
- Tracker IV,ace 250, garret AT PRO. Equinox 800, Equinox 600
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting


Guys, I noticed differences between this bayonet and the ones I own or have seen. The pommel is rounded in an unusual way
and the bayonet latches into the scabbard rather that having a strap to the scabbard. Does this in any way suggest it might
have been used in an airborne unit?


Great info ffuries, thanks. Mine has a 16" blade that's why it looked shortened. Marking is UGH and date under U.S. is 1942. Like I said can't remember what I had researched.
View attachment 1731153
Also that's a really nice M1 Garand
well thanks everyone. War weaponry is not my specialty. I also have another blade if anyone would like to take a crack at this one as well. Apparently german. I find some info but issues finding the same marking. Trying to also date the blade. The blade is 8in

Guys, I noticed differences between this bayonet and the ones I own or have seen. The pommel is rounded in an unusual way
and the bayonet latches into the scabbard rather that having a strap to the scabbard. Does this in any way suggest it might
have been used in an airborne unit?
