More keepers today... UPDATE-more photos

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit 3 different sites this evening. Found four IHP's- 1889, 1867, 1865 and an 1859 holed Fatty at the first site. Second site was way too trashy, not very old, but I did manage a 1957 Silver Quarter. 3rd site was great. We found a hidden cabin site and it needs to be hit more thorough. I found the 1859 Canadian One Cent piece, the heel plate and some other relics. My partner nailed an 1837 Large Cent and beyond belief, he found almost the same exact derringer type gun that I found a week ago. What are the chances of that? Anyway, I am also posting a plate of some sort that I would like ID'd. We keep finding these and were wondering if they are part of a clock or music box?

100_2470.jpg

100_2482.jpg

100_2481.jpg

100_2480.jpg

100_2478.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: More keepers today...

Funny to find the quarter in with those oldies...

I like large penny a lot!
Lucky

Those are a great bunch of finds! I love that Canadian coin! You keep gettin those early IHP's and were changing yer name to Fatty Mark ;D

HH
Slipperyjack47

Nice digs! Yes I believe that is a clock piece. I have found many of them.

nice going mark wish i could've gone with you guys. what and awesome spring you are having keith

nice martingale :thumbsup:
love them oldies

keepa diggin

mlhudson

really nice finds

Mike from MI said:
Nice digs! Yes I believe that is a clock piece. I have found many of them.

Mike is correct. I have on occasion found identical pieces with some of the gears still inside them. If you'd like, I'm more than happy to post a photo.

Best Wishes, and congratulations on some Wonderful finds.

-Buckles

Here are the pictures of the finds that my buddy found including a picture of our two guns together, almost matching.

100_2491.jpg

100_2492.jpg

100_2488.jpg

100_2490.jpg

100_2489.jpg

Mark,
It looks like you have a really good place to MD,you are getting some very nice keepers.
Congrats on a very successful hunt :thumbsup:

fortbball9

Sweet finds, Mark! Love the 1859 Canadian penny. The gun you both found must have been a popular one back then.

Keep digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back