What's new

More lock info needed. THANKS

B|lker

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
673
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From left to right Edwards, Miller,
and unknown date or use lock which is my biggest question.

I haven`t found any of them on E-Bay.
The house was built in 1930 if that helps.

Thanks for everyone's 2 cents in advance.

Bill in NC
 

Attachments

  • obverse.webp
    obverse.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 230
  • reverse.webp
    reverse.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 236
It is a Victorian cupboard lock, probably made by Eastlake Lock Company
 
Upvote 0
Thanks bch, nice match. :thumbsup:

creskol, it does resemble a cabinet latch, but why lock it?
Were there kids unruly and prone to breaking china? ::)
Still a good guess, Thanks. :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
B|lker said:
Thanks bch, nice match. :thumbsup:

creskol, it does resemble a cabinet latch, but why lock it?
Were there kids unruly and prone to breaking china? ::)
Still a good guess, Thanks. :hello2:

Just for fun, google "cupboard locks"
 
Upvote 0
OK creskol, I`m done with the googling fun till later.
Thanks for the insight and your help.
I think your right it does resemble a cabinet lock.

bch, i`m guessing that lock has nothing to do with bondage but it was a cool link anyway ;D
 
Upvote 0
B|lker said:
bch, i`m guessing that lock has nothing to do with bondage but it was a cool link anyway ;D
I couldnt find a match anywhere else. ;D Im tired of googling too.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
B|lker said:
bch, i`m guessing that lock has nothing to do with bondage but it was a cool link anyway ;D
I couldnt find a match anywhere else. ;D Im tired of googling too.

Well.... I was with Bill. In fact, I found that lock and gave it to him. I think bigcypresshunter is right.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom