What's new

More River Gold!! With a dose of Silver!

detectahead

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,564
Reaction score
875
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I am almost at a loss for words, for my good fortune continues! Headed out today around 9:30. I make up my mind as to where along the river I want to hunt before I even get there. Arriving, I saw a 100ft section that I got a gut feeling about and when you get that you gotta do it! My 2nd signal was the triangle looking silver ring! Silver with the stones came only 10ft from the first one and half way thru the hundred got the big silver. This only took about an hour and a half and decided to go where I was headed for in the first place. Had to walk a little ways and this gave my hand a chance to thaw out. Yea, huge temp difference from when I was there last! Toasted myself in the sun for a bit because air temp was only in the 50's and my next spot to hunt was in the shade. Not 5 minutes in I pulled the big gold up! Another 5 and the 10k gold hoop was in my hand! Wow, I can't believe this luck I am having! I should have taken a pic of the slaw for it was just a small handfull for both of these hunts along with about 3 dollars in clad. Found also a pair of shades but were trash. The pic of the swings was a last minute stop on the way home at a local school playground. Pic of change is what I got and really surprized me. I leave the pennies on the swing seats for the kids to find and placed one on all but 6 of the swings. Monday is my next outing and looking forward to it very much! HH all, and thanks again for looking! Detectahead
 

Attachments

  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,706
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,886
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,911
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,926
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    191.9 KB · Views: 1,936
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    173.5 KB · Views: 1,923
Upvote 0
All I can say is WOW. Looks like you have an incredible location detectahead. Keep it up. Great pics and nice thought to leave the kids the coins. :icon_thumright: You're on fire dude. :icon_pirat:
 
Unbelievable what you have found in that river but due to your posts, today I will hit a local feeder creek that appears to be about the size that I have seen in you photos from recent posts. I don't know what to expect but do know that teens frequent one particular spot where a bridge goes over the creek to party so I'm hoping to find something of interest.... Keep these posts coming, they are appreciated.
Cliff
 
Wow! Congratulations!!! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:
 
very nice outing, makes the chilly fall air feel that much better!
 
WOW!! detectahead strikes again....
Well done and nice finds. HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
You are having dream hunts everytime you go....dont wake up, keep getting em. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:
 
Great hunt! Love those rings. What does the gold ring say on it? Just curious. :)
 
baylorhall said:
Great hunt! Love those rings. What does the gold ring say on it? Just curious. :)
Had to look real close 14k
 
I mean the pretty one with the two stones. It looks like writing on the top. :)
 
You're making some killer finds! If I was making those finds in the river, you couldn't have pulled me out of there!

Looks like you've got an instinct for where to hunt.
 
You dug up a great haul. Congratulations!!
 
baylorhall said:
I mean the pretty one with the two stones. It looks like writing on the top. :)
Lacey Shana
 
Great post, DAH :headbang:

Gorgeous finds!..I love the ring with the blue stone and diamonds.

I hunted a river yesterday....results: nada. Enough said on that topic :(

Keep 'em comin'

Lorraine
 
Here in Western NC folks as in both locals and tourists tube down the rivers and as the rides are bumpy and the water cold they lose items along the way. Then there are the kayak areas, notably the Nantahala, Ocoee, and Tuckaseigee (my area). Hunting for the lost items is not easy. Water is deep, lots of rocks, and you have to know where State or Federal property ends. I have given it a try or two and I have not even been close to what he finds. It's not for the wimps. Guess that means me. Detectahead, I don't know how you do it!! Gold and your Fall photos were great also.
 
magjm said:
Here in Western NC folks as in both locals and tourists tube down the rivers and as the rides are bumpy and the water cold they lose items along the way. Then there are the kayak areas, notably the Nantahala, Ocoee, and Tuckaseigee (my area). Hunting for the lost items is not easy. Water is deep, lots of rocks, and you have to know where State or Federal property ends. I have given it a try or two and I have not even been close to what he finds. It's not for the wimps. Guess that means me. Detectahead, I don't know how you do it!! Gold and your Fall photos were great also.
Yeah, those streams are tough. I go to Cherokee every 2 or 3 years and trout fish. Its hard for me to even walk in knee deep water because of slippery rocks and current. Detectahead knows what hes doing and hes good at it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom