What's new

More silver from the 76 house

TreasureCatto

Bronze Member
Joined
May 27, 2018
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
3,516
Golden Thread
0
Location
somewhere lurking around your local Coinstar
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter, 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, My eyes and ears
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yesterday after noon my father was needed by a client to help move furniture into the house I hunted a month and a half ago in http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/618573-best-hunt-while.html. Of course, I knew I missed a lot that evening because it got dark and there was more yet to be found. I still had permission from the realtor to hunt so this was the perfect time for more.
Starting in the same strip of the front yard gave lots of iron signals, dialed up the discrimination and continued on.

One hour on the strip produced a productive result v
56 D 1c and another Mercury dime! (D)
fullsizeoutput_281.webpfullsizeoutput_284.webp
It turned out to be a good evening. We are needed again the next next morning.

It started cold today, 47 F with wind chill at 7am. The movers arrive and start work.
This hunt on the same strip to double check only took 30 mins

The same strip gives up more silver and wheats.
52 D, another 1956 and a silver Roosevelt dime :o
fullsizeoutput_286.webpfullsizeoutput_287.webp

I believe there is still more to find and hope to be back soon and...

Yep, those 70s homes yards have silver in them too. Happy hunting and Merry Christmas! :icon_santa:
 
Upvote 26
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
Wow. I would almost think for sure there must have been a structure there predating 1976. That seems almost impossible you've pulled 4+ silvers from a 1970s home. I have a hard time finding a single silver at 1960s homes.
 
Wow. I would almost think for sure there must have been a structure there predating 1976. That seems almost impossible you've pulled 4+ silvers from a 1970s home. I have a hard time finding a single silver at 1960s homes.
I could agree, across the street from the house there is a school that was built in 94 that may have been built over an older school or homes dating closely to the older silver. The surrounding neighborhood was also built in the mid 50s. Last summer I hunted a 53 built house, ended with no silver and just copper. It just may vary by house but the possibility stays high for homes those ages.
 
Nice job! I’ve found silver in my yard and my house was built in 1985. I think you can find silver almost anywhere people have been. If you think about it, you don’t just lose stuff in your yard, you lose it where you lose it. On a side note, there was a tavern from the 1780’s bulldozed in my neighborhood (;
 
Well done good lot of coinage there. Merry Christmas to you as well
 
Nice job, congrats! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom