What's new

More Silver Today! Barber Dime Is Gorgeous!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted two places today. The first one had one of the best barber dimes I've ever found! It's in really nice shape! It's dated 1915-S! It's exactly 100
years old! It was a nice sweet sound at 6 inches in depth. Also dug up 12 wheaties and a little over $ 10.00 in clad. Not sure what the big brass disc is? Not sure what the token is either? I love finding barber dimes that are not worn out!
 

Attachments

  • Park Finds 5-16-15 001.webp
    Park Finds 5-16-15 001.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Park Finds 5-16-15 002.webp
    Park Finds 5-16-15 002.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Park Finds 5-16-15 003.webp
    Park Finds 5-16-15 003.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Park Finds 5-16-15 004.webp
    Park Finds 5-16-15 004.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Park Finds 5-16-15 005.webp
    Park Finds 5-16-15 005.webp
    88 KB · Views: 189
  • Park Finds 5-16-15 006.webp
    Park Finds 5-16-15 006.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Park Finds 5-16-15 008.webp
    Park Finds 5-16-15 008.webp
    36 KB · Views: 194
  • Park Finds 5-16-15 009.webp
    Park Finds 5-16-15 009.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Park Finds 5-16-15 010.webp
    Park Finds 5-16-15 010.webp
    91 KB · Views: 205
  • Park Finds 2nd set 5-16-15 004.webp
    Park Finds 2nd set 5-16-15 004.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 3rd group of park finds 001.webp
    3rd group of park finds 001.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 3rd group of park finds 002.webp
    3rd group of park finds 002.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 3rd group of park finds 003.webp
    3rd group of park finds 003.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 3rd group of park finds 004.webp
    3rd group of park finds 004.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 3rd group of park finds 005.webp
    3rd group of park finds 005.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 3rd group of park finds 007.webp
    3rd group of park finds 007.webp
    24 KB · Views: 224
  • 3rd group of park finds 008.webp
    3rd group of park finds 008.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 48
What is your transcription of the Latin? It's hard to see it properly.

Great day of finds. According to google translate the disk says: "Behold, all the face of the creature, by whom they were made and obedient", in Latin. That is assuming I got the letters right, had to redo several times to even have it make sense, but I believe I got the o's, d's, i's and t's right this last time..lol.
 
Fine looking barber dime, been a while since any nice ones showed here !! :occasion14: Also some great variety there !
 
Sweet hunt!!

Some great finds, and so close to a dime trifecta. Congrats!!
 
OK after playing around with Google translate (Latin is tough for it) and never having taken Latin in school I finally came up with:

Behold the face through whom all things are and all creatures are obedient.

The Latin transcription I used was "Ecce faciem ejus per quem facta sunt et obedieni omnes creaturae" and I had to translate it in chunks for Google Translate.

Obviously some sort of religious relic. I stand by the letters around the outside not being all Greek although some seem to have a Greek and Hebrew origin.
 
What is your transcription of the Latin? It's hard to see it properly.

"ecce faciem ejus per quem facia sunt et obedient omnes creaturae". I think I changed something because this time it comes out as "behold, the face of all creatures, by whom they were made and shall obey him", which sounds a little better.
 
That God disk is pretty cool, if you ever want to sell it please PM me!

Awesome finds :)
 
I think the four characters at the top of the ring with the Latin inscription are key to the meaning of this disk. The character that resembles our "3" reminds me of this Hindu symbol.
 

Attachments

  • Aum_calligraphy_Red.svg.webp
    Aum_calligraphy_Red.svg.webp
    166.2 KB · Views: 93
Congratulations on the awesome hunt!
 
Sweet finds Mike ! CONGRATS !
Glen
 
great job hunting nice Barber dime nice
 
Very nice Barber. Are you sure that bottle stopper isn't a hippie crystal necklace/pendant? Looks sort of square shaped to me. Congrats on a nice hunt.
 
Killer Barber!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom