More treasure found...1733 pillar dollar !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woooo hoooo !! Resized_20210609_104804.jpeg Resized_20210609_104809.jpeg back in February i found a bunch of treasure coins...it was a high moment in my treasure hunting career. But there was the bittersweet fact that much more sand with the treasure in it was being hauled off and dumped somewhere. I tried for about 3 weeks to track this sand down and finally gave up on hunting it down and told myself...thats it, the treasure laden sand is gone. Well during the whole dig over the period of 3 days I became friends with road crew that was doing the work for the county. I bought them beers and got to know these guys....they shared the excitement with islamoradamark and myself and we all shared something special. I have kept in touch with these guys and today they called me with that photo !! They were loading sand from the company yard and found this in the sand along with a small cannon ball !! They only took a small amount of the sand to keywest to use in there cement batch plant....well if that coin came out of that sand they got the best loads down there on site

SO....Im trying to get down there after hours and help these guys get some more coins....I told them I would go and hunt for nothing...I will give all the coins found to them....I just want to find some and get the story documented and take the pics for you guys here at treasurenet !! Woooo hoooo !! The coins aren't lost !! The treasure sand has been found !!

Here's the original video of islamoradamark and I finding coins in February!! and now 3+months later that sand that was hauled off is still giving up treasure coins !! And not just regular cobb eights, but very rare and highly sought after 1733 milled eight reales....the treasure gods are smiling on me, and im gonna get a second shot at these wonderful treasures. Im so happy for those guys...the boss wanted to buy one from me and I refused....I told him to hunt the sand and get one for himself, and he did !! Just incredible !! Maybe there will be more ??

Thanks for looking and remember it can happen at any moment and today might be your day !! Happy hunting everyone !!

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He keep his eyes open and was looking he might find some more lets hope so

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing thanks for shareing the find

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He keep his eyes open and was looking he might find some more lets hope so

Maaan....dat boy got da luck mark !! I so happy for dem boys !! We new dem coins was dare !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he found that one with his eyes.....then those piles must be dripping in shipwreck coins....waaaahooo let's go boys!!

Well let's hope they can recognize a cobb coin...easy enough to recognize that pillar dollar, but those cobbs could be overlooked very easily !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Bart...now...where did I put that microchip gps underskin tracker again?.....hmmmmmmmmm

:icon_scratch:

Kurt....if it was raining cannon balls I'd be the one person killed by a falling gold bar !! My luck is off the chart lately !! Thank you my friend.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow there?s no other filling than finding those 8 reales. I have a 1823 and a 1809
Congratulations on such a epic find. BANNER

Should be about time for you to find another one....thank you truth and good luck out there !!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty amazing guys....I must state i didn't find this latest coin a friend did....I just made sure they looked. Plus I couldn't fit another banner up there anyway....im blessed to be up there already !! Thanks for the nod though guys !! Hopefully I'll find even more...im not sure but im thinking ill be able to spread the sand and give it a thorough search !! I have had a Spanish treasure high that just won't fade....just an incredible year for me and I don't think I'm done yet....2021 baby !! Woooo hoooo !!
It's still a great looking coin, even if you didn't find it Bart. :laughing7:

Hope you're doing well these days,
Dave

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave...im just happy it got found.. im so glad that it didn't get lost forever, and that those guys kept there eyes open for it !! Lost and found, then lost again and now found again.....what a long round about journey from Mexico to the keys, and now safe once more !!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine....sand scooped from one beach, and then dumped in keywest 70 miles away. There it sits for 3 -4 months, and then finally another treasure coin is found in that pile of sand.

Need to sleuth out where that sand originated.

Well done again Bart... and well deserved Banner find.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to sleuth out where that sand originated.

Well done again Bart... and well deserved Banner find.

ARC...That sand was dug off the beach at lower mateucumbie during beach renourishment. I got some great coins on the beach while they were digging. They used machinery to dig a trench to solid rock and build an earthen barrier with a brick mat cap. The sand they dug from the trench was hauled to key west and stored in a large holding lot where its processed, and used in a cement plant. All the sand from the trench was full of cobbs and early 1732-1733 pillar dollars....also there were the transition klippe cobbs in this sand. So 4 months later the workers at the plant found this 1733 pillar dollar in the sand that was hauled off the coin beach in mateucumbie !! There is certainly more there !! Haven't been down to search yet....but I'm working it out !!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping no damage for you in the next storm but hope it turns over enough bottom to make some good finds available...good luck Bart!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread