What's new

Morgan Help

66Fairlane

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
65
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
So, I am currently serving overseas and came across this in a store. I have been looking at it for awhile and done research but everything seems to match up. Only thing is, it might feel a little light but I don’t have a scale to verify. So with that, thought I would throw it on here to get some more eyes on it to see what you guys think. Also, I did check it with a magnet and it passed that test as well.
 

Attachments

  • B33ABC89-527B-4F69-82C8-0EF548290F58.webp
    B33ABC89-527B-4F69-82C8-0EF548290F58.webp
    371.2 KB · Views: 216
  • A493272B-57CA-40D5-9DB8-136935AC6224.webp
    A493272B-57CA-40D5-9DB8-136935AC6224.webp
    377.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 30E3FB84-7D33-4B25-AD7C-5479D7D8BE7B.webp
    30E3FB84-7D33-4B25-AD7C-5479D7D8BE7B.webp
    312.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 8E7CB9C6-B2A8-4D62-911D-DDB301075F84.webp
    8E7CB9C6-B2A8-4D62-911D-DDB301075F84.webp
    393.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 119FEC4E-A58C-4949-8751-DACD20421F43.webp
    119FEC4E-A58C-4949-8751-DACD20421F43.webp
    365.1 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
Thanks for your service. Even if genuine (and many overseas are not), it is not an attractive coin to collect. Personally, I would pass.
 
Thanks for your servuce I agree whats the price for it
 
While in Singapore last year there was a vendor selling these for two dollars, yup fake. I would stay clear of these coins abroad.
 
Thank you everyone for your feedback. No price has been talked about yet. I was thinking about trying to get it cheap just to take a gamble but I am starting to agree that I should just with my gut that it just doesn’t feel right.
 
They are making great fakes right now.

In the last couple years, Ive purchased the 2 dollar Ali Express Morgans and not only do they pass the magnet test ( which isn't hard), but they also weight the same as a REAL Morgan.

I took it out of the case it was in and stacked them beside a real deal, and they are just slightly thicker than the real deal...to make up the weight.

To be honest, Im done buying Morgans or Peace Dollars online or even cased up.

I just dont see how they can get away with it ...even on Ebay they are just called " Fantasy Coins"...they are obviously there to screw people over. I bought mine so that I know what to look for...and the Morgans are so damn close!!
 
Doesn't even look close to being legit.
 
I don’t buy raw silver dollars - only Pcgs graded coins - and even then, only from well known dealers. There are even very good fakes in fake holders from China out there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom