What's new

Mostly heartbreakers today.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got 2 inches of rain this morning so I knew the creek wouldn't be good. I hunted a field with grass which by the way was hard to see in. Didn't do to bad but a lot of HBers in this field. Hope everyone is finding some real killers! rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10281.webp
    SDC10281.webp
    284.2 KB · Views: 130
  • SDC10283.webp
    SDC10283.webp
    326.9 KB · Views: 120
  • SDC10289.webp
    SDC10289.webp
    301.2 KB · Views: 140
  • SDC10287.webp
    SDC10287.webp
    299.5 KB · Views: 136
  • SDC10285.webp
    SDC10285.webp
    266.4 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
Hey Rock...that little one on top looks a bit like a pentagonal from the pic…is it thin?
 
Hey Rock...that little one on top looks a bit like a pentagonal from the pic…is it thin?

Yes but I think its a Mississippian point. Not my favorite type to find but it was mostly whole. The black one was a point in the making. Im guessing it broke and was thrown away. Its not finished
 
At least your were able to find something. I went today after getting .1 inches of rain yesterday and found one broken point. Thanks for sharing.
 
Those are great finds! Love the material you have there. I'm not having much luck after work this week but I am finding some nice rocks lol
 
Hey Rock...that little one on top looks a bit like a pentagonal from the pic…is it thin?

My mistake you are rite its a pee dee or some call them Jacks Reef Pentagonal and I do find quite a few them in that area in the fields. They are Late Woodland to Mississippian period. I know the books show nice things coming from this period but not in this area have I found anything really nice. Mostly crude and ugly
 
nice finds rock.I went out with high hopes on my last hunt.Got completely skunked!I am counting on some hard spring rain over this way.
 
Heart breakers hurt, but those are still very cool. Good finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom