Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mother's medal

These are some more of my digs from the last week or so. I have been trying to get all the hunting in that I can because I am leaving Germany around the 1st of the year. I just found out that I will be stationed in North Dakota. :-\ Heard it is a little cold there. O well. If any body is up that way ,send me a PM. The medal is for mothers with large amounts of children. They had bronze,silver and gold. The tag is some kind of WW2 German chit or equipment tag. It has some unit information on it. The other stuff is just odds and ends that I have dug. The hunting is amazing over here and I will sure miss the multitude of history here in Europe when I am gone.Thanks for looking and HH. :)

Attachments

• Aug10$02medal.jpg
    Aug10$02medal.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 514
  • Aug10$01chit.jpg
    Aug10$01chit.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 521
  • Aug10$03relics.jpg
    Aug10$03relics.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 524
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: mother's medal

You get a medal for having kids? Well heck...I want mine! :)
Great finds and I really do think that medal is unique!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

nice items,, ill bet youll miss the hunting over there, but i'm glad to hear your coming back....

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm sure there will be plent of hunting opportunites in ND to keep you content! Welcome back to this side of the pond!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome hunt Bman! You have a German ID tag in nice condition, like our military ID tags, your guy was assigned to a Flak gun, what a bummer and they must have had a short life expectency. I just hunted around a Flak site with not many finds but found a strafe of 50 caliber bullets, 11 of them about 6' apart. That Mother's cross is nice and at least intact, I can see the blue enamel specs left in it, I found one also with most of the enamel but missing the swastika. Nice hunt and HH, Mike

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany

Cool you found a mothers cross.. you see hitlers signature on the back of it? Cool finds!!!! I need to try and get out this weekend myself. I hope it doesn't rain :( Not much in North Dakota... and yes its really cold there. You ever see the movie Fargo? Hhehe.. happy hunting!

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, Fargo was the first thing that came to mind Viper>LOL Mike ,thinks for the ID on the tag. I found several of them at the site. I was wondering if upon surrender if they just threw them in the field. ??? One of the locals came along and tried to give me some information about the site but I only caught a word here and there.

R

rvbvetter

Hey!! I heard of that too!! Hitler commisioned medals for mothers that had multiple children. They were for recognition for increasing the superior race. Now if I could just find the rest of my brothers and sisters. We could rule the Vorld!!! Can I hear a Ya Volte?!! Excellent finds!!! WTG!!! HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Bman, there should also be a signature on the reverse of the Mother's cross, I think it may be Hitler's, I can't clearly read mine but can see part of it. Nice find and HH,, Mike

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great info guys! :) The back of the medal has a date of 1938 and a signature but I have to clean it up. It is also bent but I am scared to try to bend it back. ???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I use to work in Minot, North Dakota where Minot Air Force Base is and yes it gets a mite cold there to say the least. One of the coldest places I have ever been and I have lived in several of the colder cities and states like Denver, Colorado, Minnapolis/Mankato Minn, Lincoln/Grand Island/ North Platte, Neb, Chicago, Il .

There are a lot of artifacts there though, so you should enjoy hunting the summer time there, all 3 weeks of it.... ;D

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

When I first read about your MOTHERS MEDAL....made me think of an old article I just read a week or two ago on MOTHERS MEDALS...but this medal was given to Mothers who had sons in the military. I can't remember if it was WWI or WWII...it was in the US. I will see if I can find the article again...just incase someone happens to run across one. I may have saved it also...will go through my saved articles as well.

Great finds Birdman and safe travels to your new duty station. The best duty station is the one you left and the one you are heading too :)

HH.......Ann

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DFIU, I use to live in Ft. Dodge. I use to work for a phone company installing new central offices. I was there in 1980, when the phone company there was on strike. We were building a new central office when they went on strike.

suzyqdogs

Jul 4, 2005

I live in Manitoba; about 60 miles north of North Dakota/Canadian Border. Yes, it does get rather cold but you get used to it! (not really)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Guess I never got use to it. When I was there it was below 32 in June and below 32 in August. Dead of winter we were hitting 40 below zero F and there was no need to worry about the wind chill as the real temperature would kill you if you were un-protected outside.

Only thing I liked about it was we were only about 500 miles from Yellowstone and I love Yellowstone National Park! ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

North Dakota!? ??? :P Gosh Bird....was hoping you would be heading back to Bama. :-\ You'll find something good there anyhow! ;)

Great finds as usual. Hope you get in bunches of hunting there before you leave.

Nana :)

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

treasure_hunter32810 said:
DFIU, I use to live in Ft. Dodge. I use to work for a phone company installing new central offices. I was there in 1980, when the phone company there was on strike. We were building a new central office when they went on strike.

I remember that strike, TH. Can't believe it was that long ago, already :-\ Thanks for telling me about it.

How did you like our little city?

HH Dick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions