tncreeker
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Feb 6, 2011
- Messages
- 329
- Reaction score
- 114
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Maggie Valley, N.C.
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
So here is my question. There are a lot of mounds in this area. I would never dig or disturb in any way. They have been pilfered in the past, digging sewer lines, building roads etc. I have found surface finds in the vicinity of these mounds(or whats left of them). I`m sure they were dug up with the dirt and where dirt was not used to fill in holes,,well they have come to the surface. So am I wrong to pick them up and keep them? I cant re-bury them. So,,,,,,what are your thoughts?
Thank you
Lori
Thank you
Lori
Upvote
0


We still have some good artifact and Civil War shows in the South East. But you all are right people are hunting and selling the stuff now. Go on e-bay and I cry when I hear the counties the stuff is from. I always cover other peoples holes. Old habits die hard.






