What's new

Mouse

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
2,351
Reaction score
8,472
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
A mouse in the woods..
I had this camera trap setup for fling squirrels and this mouse triggered the camera.. I had a dab of peanut butter on top of that stick and concealed by some moss.
 

Attachments

  • MouseIMPDSZJPG.webp
    MouseIMPDSZJPG.webp
    199.1 KB · Views: 147
Amazing shot Ron! I recently offered a mouse some peanut butter, and it did
indeed try to access it. The mouse was immediately terminated with extreme
prejudice.... :laughing7:
 
A mouse in the woods..
I had this camera trap setup for fling squirrels and this mouse triggered the camera.. I had a dab of peanut butter on top of that stick and concealed by some moss.
The size of those whiskers! They're like probes. Id have never imagined they would be so long on a mouse.
 
The size of those whiskers! They're like probes. Id have never imagined they would be so long on a mouse.

Ummmm...they are probes. That way it can feel the sides of the hole in the dark,
as otherwise it'd just sit there ramming it's head into the dirt...
moose.gif
 
This is all im used to seeing here. Nothing remotely that length.
house_mouse-3036817102.webp


And, according to my friend Bob......
spongebob-squarepants-spongebob.gif

"Yes, some mice can have longer whiskers, particularly certain breeds like Angora mice, which are known for their long whiskers. Whisker length can vary among different species and individual mice based on genetics and environmental factors."
source-767950663.gif
 
Great ;pictures by all
 
That looks like a White Footed Mouse, or similar species, one of the primary vectors of Lyme Disease. I read that after the extinction of the Passanger Pigeon the niche they once occupied, which was the mass consumption of seeds on the forest floors of North America, was replaced by the mouse, causing the population of mice to explode after the 1910's - and the rate of mouse borne disease went parabolic during the 20th century where it hadn't existed much previously.
 
I recently offered a mouse some peanut butter, and it did
indeed try to access it. The mouse was immediately terminated with extreme
prejudice

Tells me all I need to know about you...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom