What's new

Mucho Minié Balls - Live Digs - **Video**

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
1,396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I return to a Civil War battlefield (on private property) here in the Shenandoah Valley for an annual hunt. As always, lots of lead and lots of great memories.

 
Upvote 8
I hate when the Dr. sticks his dirty digits in my wound. Grateful I never got hit by one of those giant bullets!
Great finds, more saves of history.
 
I hate when the Dr. sticks his dirty digits in my wound. Grateful I never got hit by one of those giant bullets!
Great finds, more saves of history.

I know it's just as bad today, in regards to wounds, but some of the Civil War wounding accounts are quite horrific, particularly when you know of the rather primitive methods used by the surgeons, as noted in the quote.
 
I really enjoyed the video.
You brought me right back there.
I love your relaxed way of hunting. Stop eat lunch, and then back on it..
So many people would be running around like crazy, because they only had one day to do it.
Thats how I like to hunt. Take my time, and enjoy the finds as they are coming out.
Thanks for sharing with us Richard.
George
 
Great video & hunt Richard. I know what meaning that site holds for you. Happy Holidays & hunting my friend, Q.
 
I really enjoyed the video.
You brought me right back there.
I love your relaxed way of hunting. Stop eat lunch, and then back on it..
So many people would be running around like crazy, because they only had one day to do it.
Thats how I like to hunt. Take my time, and enjoy the finds as they are coming out.
Thanks for sharing with us Richard.
George

Vino - as with so much of life, it's the journey, not the destination. Thanks!
 
Great video & hunt Richard. I know what meaning that site holds for you. Happy Holidays & hunting my friend, Q.

Thanks Quindy! Have a VERY Merry Christmas my friend.
 
Another really good video filled with lots of nice old lead. Thanks for letting us see what a CW site can hold.
 
Another really good video filled with lots of nice old lead. Thanks for letting us see what a CW site can hold.

You're welcome! But the mystery is that I've been to this site 4 years in a row now and, other than a small piece of a spur, I've not pulled a single piece of brass out of it. I'm astonished.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom