What's new

Mucky Trenchs Equals Treasure

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,661
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mucky Trench's Equals Treasure

Since today is a new moon which cause the tides to be really high/low, I decided to hit my beach. I dug a couple of 4x2x4 trench's, dug some pretty cool stuff, also by digging the trench's, I can go back anytime next week and have the tide do the work of sifting for me..

Anybody need a shoe thats over 100 years old?
Boot.webp

Its work, but it really pays off..
paydirt.webp

The total of what I found...Including 3 Indian heads (one not pictured) one 1885 and two 1887, a water pitcher, couple of bottles in which only one was embossed, two pontiled marbles and other goodies...
1 total.webp

Close up of the little stuff..
ih.webp

Time to light the BBQ, stick a fork in me, I am done!
Fork.webp
 
Upvote 26
Well done sounds like mudlarking to me!!!!!Shoes archi down here keep them in the freezer......

RR
 
Nice batch of goodies! Congrats! Bet you sleep good tonight!
 
Interesting way to go about it. Congrats on the cool finds.
 
Here is the items cleaned
2015-04-18 20.18.17.webp


Silver Jesus
CM150418-20120506.webp
CM150418-20122307.webp

Indian heads
CM150418-20101401.webpCM150418-20101401.webp

Embossed bottle
CM150418-20114705.webp

Silver finds
CM150418-20105603.webp

Pontiled marble
CM150418-20124908.webp

Very old cigar box cover
CM150418-20135012.webp
 
*I wasn't going to be greedy...I couldve filled a 5 gallon bucket...but a few of my buddies also dig there as well. .

On extreme low tide, like today .there is two horse skeletons, side by side..undisturbed for over 100 years..with all the hardware still attached, we always pay respect to them and don't dig within 10ft of them, I did once pull a whiskey and a bitters bottle from one there ribcage though..
 
Love the IH's and marbles, but my favorite in your pics is the water pitcher, great saves.
 
Great finds, does look like work, but like you said it always pays off in the end.
 
there is about 12ft deep, give or take of ash filled soil full of bottles, coins, buckles, gold,silver, etc..I could spend ten years digging and still not make a dent in what's there...about 300 years worth. .

Only if I had a back hoe and a giant rocker box..
 
hey - why don't you snap a pic of the horse skeletons - that sounds very interesting
 
I can try when the tide goes out low enough..sure. I'll do this since you guys requested, I usually like to leave the dead be..
 
Now I see where you got your screen name.:laughing7:


GOD Bless

Chris
 
Wow! Excellent finds! Always love hunting the extra low tides! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
looks like fun!
 
there is about 12ft deep, give or take of ash filled soil full of bottles, coins, buckles, gold,silver, etc..I could spend ten years digging and still not make a dent in what's there...about 300 years worth. .

Only if I had a back hoe and a giant rocker box..

Might be well worth renting a backhoe to get down to where the gettin's good!
 
You're the mudlarker of the east coast, nice gong on the latest round of finds. The box lid is a cool find for the age of it and how it survived. Liking the marble, what would it date back to?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom