What's new

Mucky Trenchs Equals Treasure

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,661
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mucky Trench's Equals Treasure

Since today is a new moon which cause the tides to be really high/low, I decided to hit my beach. I dug a couple of 4x2x4 trench's, dug some pretty cool stuff, also by digging the trench's, I can go back anytime next week and have the tide do the work of sifting for me..

Anybody need a shoe thats over 100 years old?
Boot.webp

Its work, but it really pays off..
paydirt.webp

The total of what I found...Including 3 Indian heads (one not pictured) one 1885 and two 1887, a water pitcher, couple of bottles in which only one was embossed, two pontiled marbles and other goodies...
1 total.webp

Close up of the little stuff..
ih.webp

Time to light the BBQ, stick a fork in me, I am done!
Fork.webp
 
Upvote 26
from what I understand, pontiled marbles are from the mid 1800's..I know jack about marbles,just pick'em up when I see the them.
 
You're the mudlarker of the east coast, nice gong on the latest round of finds. The box lid is a cool find for the age of it and how it survived. Liking the marble, what would it date back to?

Anyway to find buried items, count me in..
 
Nice going Drew!! the handmade marbles can date up into the early 1900s, they were still made in the early 1920s and available in stores into the 1930s, my mother who was born in 1921 bought them new. Pics look like you're down by the brick works. The bricks in my walkways came from there back in the 50s. That's a lot of diggin' for sure, but it looks like it's paying off!!
 
Nice going Drew!! the handmade marbles can date up into the early 1900s, they were still made in the early 1920s and available in stores into the 1930s, my mother who was born in 1921 bought them new. Pics look like you're down by the brick works. The bricks in my walkways came from there back in the 50s. That's a lot of diggin' for sure, but it looks like it's paying off!!

Yup, it's paying off big time, it's a warmup to the privy digs I have coming up
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom