🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been going back to the honey hole where my buddy and I have been finding lots of old gold and silver. Conditions aren't that good anymore but tide and wind are still throwing some goodies onto the beach.
One such goodie was this vintage sterling TAXCO poison ring. Look closely at the top and you can make out the hinge where it would open. Took 2 hrs of electrolysis to make out the writing.
Glad she wasn't my girlfriend. Thanks for looking, Mike
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 9

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a cool find!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool piece!! They made and still make hundreds or thousands of these babies in Taxco, and although called "poison rings" they were and are used by people who need to take meds at certain times so they can look fashionable and keep their meds handy. I purchase a few for friends in Taxco in 1963. One girlfriend liked to keep a gram of hashish in hers.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool piece!! They made and still make hundreds or thousands of these babies in Taxco, and although called "poison rings" they were and are used by people who need to take meds at certain times so they can look fashionable and keep their meds handy. I purchase a few for friends in Taxco in 1963. One girlfriend liked to keep a gram of hashish in hers.
Lol, is that what they called it, "meds"?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A neat find indeed.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiger eye stone -nice

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, is that what they called it, "meds"?

Seriously, one of my aunts had heart problems and kept her nitro pills in one so she was always prepared. Yeah, I admit to having friends back in the day who also kept a little "magic powder" in one. I am a jewelry maker and have made a slew of sterling and a few gold stash containers for customers, but I stay away from the powdery goods.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously, one of my aunts had heart problems and kept her nitro pills in one so she was always prepared. Yeah, I admit to having friends back in the day who also kept a little "magic powder" in one. I am a jewelry maker and have made a slew of sterling and a few gold stash containers for customers, but I stay away from the powdery goods.
I know, they call them "snuff" rings also. TAXCO must go back a long time because everything we are finding is mostly late 1800's to early 1900's.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a really cool find.