What's new

Murder weapon?

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
2,258
Golden Thread
2
Location
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been going back to the honey hole where my buddy and I have been finding lots of old gold and silver. Conditions aren't that good anymore but tide and wind are still throwing some goodies onto the beach.
One such goodie was this vintage sterling TAXCO poison ring. Look closely at the top and you can make out the hinge where it would open. Took 2 hrs of electrolysis to make out the writing.
Glad she wasn't my girlfriend. Thanks for looking, Mike
image.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 18
Congratz on a cool find!
 
Cool piece!! They made and still make hundreds or thousands of these babies in Taxco, and although called "poison rings" they were and are used by people who need to take meds at certain times so they can look fashionable and keep their meds handy. I purchase a few for friends in Taxco in 1963. One girlfriend liked to keep a gram of hashish in hers.
 
Cool piece!! They made and still make hundreds or thousands of these babies in Taxco, and although called "poison rings" they were and are used by people who need to take meds at certain times so they can look fashionable and keep their meds handy. I purchase a few for friends in Taxco in 1963. One girlfriend liked to keep a gram of hashish in hers.
Lol, is that what they called it, "meds"?
 
A neat find indeed.
 
"poison" ring, or coke ring?
 
Tiger eye stone -nice
 
Lol, is that what they called it, "meds"?

Seriously, one of my aunts had heart problems and kept her nitro pills in one so she was always prepared. Yeah, I admit to having friends back in the day who also kept a little "magic powder" in one. I am a jewelry maker and have made a slew of sterling and a few gold stash containers for customers, but I stay away from the powdery goods.
 
Seriously, one of my aunts had heart problems and kept her nitro pills in one so she was always prepared. Yeah, I admit to having friends back in the day who also kept a little "magic powder" in one. I am a jewelry maker and have made a slew of sterling and a few gold stash containers for customers, but I stay away from the powdery goods.
I know, they call them "snuff" rings also. TAXCO must go back a long time because everything we are finding is mostly late 1800's to early 1900's.
 
That is a really cool find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom