Musketball Kind of Day, Buttplate, Silver Spoon, Broken Trade Axe

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with Patriot and our other buddy again today, some snow on the ground but no frost at all which is pretty amazing for this time of year! Just great to be able to dig! We tried a couple promising new sites to start the day but finds were very sparse, with the exception being the musket buttplate in the corner of a cellarhole. We then went to a beach which we've heard stories about and started popping out musketballs etc. Finished up in the adjacent field to the beach and just minutes before dark we started hitting an older site.
Lots of interesting targets, only one copper which is a 1900s Canadian large cent. Did get the lead disk which is perfectly made into the shape and thickness of a coin with a few marks and the silver spoon piece in the last few minutes. Also got a piece of a broken trade axe and some other whats its. Here's hoping we'll be digging for another week or two!
IMG_5350.JPG
IMG_5348.JPG
IMG_5347.JPG

Upvote 6

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it's great to get out this time of year and with another permission…we should be busy for some time to come…Great finds there buddy, love the butt plate…and of course all that old lead...

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, has been a good fall and to be digging a couple days before Christmas is a bonus for sure. I have a feeling that area has a really big surprise for us yet!

Yes it's great to get out this time of year and with another permission…we should be busy for some time to come…Great finds there buddy, love the butt plate…and of course all that old lead...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging lots of targets on Dec. 21st, yeah you gotta take that. There's going to be a three day window from the 24-26 here and I think I'll take advantage of that.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging lots of targets on Dec. 21st, yeah you gotta take that. There's going to be a three day window from the 24-26 here and I think I'll take advantage of that.
I know the weather is decent but it's not warn enough for spandex bro. Is that an insulated cape?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the weather is decent but it's not warn enough for spandex bro. Is that an insulated cape?

Real men don't need Winter clothing.... and neither do dumb 21 year olds. I remember one Jan. when I was 21 I had my leather jacket stolen from a bar and went the rest of the Winter with nothing more than a heavy sweater. I lived in the city, and people kind of looked at me a little funny when it was -20... but you can take it when you're young! :) So detecting in plus temps., yeah all I need is my spandex suit! :headbang:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real men don't need Winter clothing.... and neither do dumb 21 year olds. I remember one Jan. when I was 21 I had my leather jacket stolen from a bar and went the rest of the Winter with nothing more than a heavy sweater. I lived in the city, and people kind of looked at me a little funny when it was -20... but you can take it when you're young! :) So detecting in plus temps., yeah all I need is my spandex suit! :headbang:
Little known secret my friend. I wear a pink Speedo if it's above 8 degrees. With a purple cape. I had a cavalier z21 one winter with no heat at all. I remember going skiing in that thing and being so damn cold when I got to the mountain I couldn't wait to get in the lodge to warm up before I hit the slopes. And I couldn't save up the money to fix it cause that would've cut into my partying money :-)

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping to get at least one more shot in!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Worst thing about this time of year when you get a new site and then the ground freezes, you get stuck chomping at the bit all winter long waiting for the ground to thaw!
nice to see you guys still getting out

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the assortment of finds, looks like a 5 day window of + temps and a fair amount of rain for a few days so no snow to be left here. Good luck if you get in some return hunts before the new year.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spoon top is an unusual form, would have been super nice complete.

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD, Deus Xp, tecknetics gamma, Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good stuff, great job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread