MXT - 1st trip

lobo

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Whites MXT
I picked up my new MXT yesterday. I have watched the dvd twice, read the owners guide half a dozen times, air tested everything I carry in my pockets, found all the nails in the floor joists in the family room, sheet rock screws on the ceiling and even found 35 cents in the sofa cushions (all clad). My only problem is there is 6-8 inches of hard packed snow and 6-12 inches of frost in the ground!
I guess I have to wait for 2 more months for the real action and it is killing me!!

Jerry

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only two months for real action is nothing. I am stuck in Michigan living with son while I convalesce. I am usually hunting the east coast beaches about now. If it wasn't for Max's photos on the beach I'd be in real bad shape.

HH,
Sandman

RonNewbie

Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, MXT
I know what you mean Lobo...it began raining then turned to snow the next day after I received my DFX and we've had snow on the ground ever since. I took it out today since the temps got into the high 30s and found all kinds of tones but the ground is still frozen solid so I couldn't dig any of them. Hang in there and you'll get use it soon...

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
I 2nd the motion Mudswat ,Tell us how it works. I decided to step up to the plate and buy a NEW detector.I.m currently running a Compass from the late 70's.Bought it used in 79 and it still works fine and finds alot of clad, don't know if thats all thats under me or if it's just wimpy. The MXT is what I've decided on so I can nugget snipe too. One machine 3 functions,like that idea.

OP
OP
L

lobo

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Whites MXT
I am very impressed with the MXT, when it says zink, 25 cents, screwcap, foil..that is what it is! I have only been able to search a few campgrounds but have found about 100 pennies, nickels, and quarters. I did find a silver turquoise ring and a small bracelet.

All the old sites that I want to search are still under snow. I have researched old homesteads and old railroad camps that are from 1890. I would say that I can get to them in a week or two. Hopefully I will have something to post in todays finds.
Jerry

dobie

Feb 12, 2006
corry, pa
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, bounty hunter scout
i just hunted my in-laws property with my new mxt, first time out with it,there heavy drinkers, we had a tornado years ago, so lots of dozer work and digging etc.,,,i hit the old barn area,,,,,my mxt said penny, dime,,,,50 cent,,,ring,,25 cent,,,and i had half bar to full bar and pinpointed from one to 12 inches, and guess what,,every time what i dug up was a beer can!!!!!!discoraging, i dug some from over a foot or so deep, now i know the dozer work is responsible for the depth of the aluminum,,but i went from a cheap bounty hunter to the mxt and now i feel like I'm starting all over,,,on a side note
i have the dfx book "digging deeper" i think thats the name,
i bought it before getting my mxt and if anyone wants it id be willing to swap it for the mxt version
lesson here today:
if my inlaws have treasure buried in the ground,,,,,,its in aluminum recycling,,harde har
dobie

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Just got back from a week in Midlanowher Nevada.a cousin bought 40 acres with a spring and Stage stop on it.Moved yard after yard of dirt. Found lots of old fence wire, couple of inches at a time ,cans of nails 1 at a time, bullet lead and shells,all modern, blisters and a sun burn.Thought I'd save the maiden run on my bran spankin new $800 MXT and drive over the hill (the Sierras) into gold country.Just a little 680 mile "shortcut". Aced out other than some panned placer.Caught a nice trout for breakfast thou.Things can only get better from here.Still willin to dig everything cuz that detector may be lying no way it could be the operator.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread