MXT Accessories

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
Just got my new MXT and I also bought a 5" Excelerator coil. The dealer said that the coil cover for the 5" coil is "built-in" and glued on. I always thought that the cover was so that you could prevent scratching the unit. If the cover is non-removable, then it obviously is part of the unit, non-replaceable.

Any ideas?

Might the White's 5.3 Eclipse coil cover fit my 5" Excelerator coil?
Should I call the dealer back and explain that they didn't understand me???

I also have $150 Whites dollars to spend. If I already have the stock coil and the 5" coil, should I spend it on another coil? I have some okay headphones and digging tools, don't really want books, but will get the $50 carry bag. So what to do with the other $100?

Thanks.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cover isn't to stop you from scratching the coil. It's main purpose is to keep you from wearing it thin or cutting it on a rock where water can then get inside. Glueing them on is a bad idea. If black sand gets inside the thing will go crazy and you will have to remove the coil cover.

You better spend the rest of the money on books and better head phones than just OK ones.

OP
OP
Trescher

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
Okay, then headphones it is. I'll assume that the coil cover is normal.

I should get the 9.5" coil cover tomorrow in the mail.

Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread