fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would spend the extra 100 and get the pro. It has tone ID which I like. And it has a few other features like a back light and ground grab.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Another point of view. Save some money. get a used Whites XLT. It will go as deep as the others and has a fully adjustable computer. It pinpoints down to the dot. It has a lot of built in programs, plus you can add your own. You don't need the multiple frequencies of the MX series. I have been using one for over 15 years with the stock coil and I have found just about anything that can be found from the surface to two feet down. You can probably find one for around $350. Just a thought from the old side. Frank Havre de Grace Show 051.jpg

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talking detectors is like talking cars. You can get lots of opinions. Regardless of what brand you buy, consider this. When I started I bought a teknetics delta 4000. It is a good entry level detector that I got for under $250.00 bucks. I wanted to be sure this was something that I was going to continue to do before I spent a bunch of money. I'm glad I did this because it let me development my style and learn more about different detecters before I invested a lot of money on a machine. After I started finding things I understood more about what I wanted from my machine. When I did upgrade to my ATPro I understood a lot more about what people were saying. I'm not saying you should buy either of these machines, but you may make a better decision a year or two into it. I still have my Delta and it is a great backup/loaner. This is a great hobby and a great site to get info on every aspect of it. What ever you do, good luck and welcome aboard.[emoji482]

HH, Relic Nut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread