MXT pro problems

DeltaArk

Jan 31, 2011
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600 / Nokota Simplex / Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had it since June. I bought it and two other coils. It has started to make a sound like you turned it off but the screen still worked but no sound with the phones. Then it started just shutting down, no sound no screen. This is a problem that does not happen all the time. I did take it to the local distributor and it shut down once for him. I sent it in to be checked and nothing was found to be wrong. I was told that the coil checked out and every thing else was good. I have had it back for a week and it is doing the same thing. What is the next step? Thanks for any information.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume you sent it back to White's for repair. I suggest you call them and tell them you are sending it back because they did not fix what was wrong with it. Get the persons name and have them state on the repair slip what they fixed or replaced and then tell us about it. Someone might be thinking of buying a White's and would want to know how they repair their products. :argue:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The MXT PRO is a fantastic machine. I would highly recommend sending in to White's. It is an electronic and even though White's has superior products there may have been a problem with it that was not caught before it was shipped out. This could have happened to any machine from any manufacturer. I am sure you changed batteries and tried it again? No worries.... Whites will take care of you.

OP
OP
DeltaArk

DeltaArk

Jan 31, 2011
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing I did was to put in new batteries. Did not help.
I called the factory customer service today and was told to send it to them at no cost so they could check the unit out again. I returned to my local distributor, they agreed that something was wrong with the machine. They in turn called their supplier and explained the problem. I will pick up a new MXT pro tomorrow.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great...White's stands behind their products.

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
You might wanna try bending the battery contact prongs back. I had this happening with my DFX and took the box apart and stuck something in there to bend the contact prongs back. It worked.
When you bend them back make sure both prongs are about the same, shouldn't have one contact bent more than the other as this could cause it to shutdown also because of a bad contact.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
mgtmadness said:
You might wanna try bending the battery contact prongs back. I had this happening with my DFX and took the box apart and stuck something in there to bend the contact prongs back. It worked.
When you bend them back make sure both prongs are about the same, shouldn't have one contact bent more than the other as this could cause it to shutdown also because of a bad contact.
I have to agree here with ...mgtmadness.. Same thing happened to my Sovereign so what i did was take a small blade pocket knife...... And bent the battery contacts out a little and it worked fine ...saved me from shipping cost and loss of a detector for a time...... My Sovereign acted like your detector and that is what it was battery contact's not makeing a good contact...........I bent mine out on the battery pack and in the detector.......... And to make double sure i even sand papered the contacts a little.....

OP
OP
DeltaArk

DeltaArk

Jan 31, 2011
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites did bend the battery prongs for a better connection. It still had the same problem when I got it back.The only thing he came up with was a possible headphone problem. It had the same problem without the headphones. If it were a battery connection why would the screen still work?
I am sure they will figure it out but replacing the unit will allow me to have a good machine and give them the chance to retest the unit. Whites has the best reputation in the market. The first metal detector I used was a big heavy blue Whites that belonged to my brother in law. That was around 1970.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
DeltaArk said:
Whites did bend the battery prongs for a better connection. It still had the same problem when I got it back.The only thing he came up with was a possible headphone problem. It had the same problem without the headphones. If it were a battery connection why would the screen still work?
I am sure they will figure it out but replacing the unit will allow me to have a good machine and give them the chance to retest the unit. Whites has the best reputation in the market. The first metal detector I used was a big heavy blue Whites that belonged to my brother in law. That was around 1970.
Whites are treating you right by sending you a brand new detector ... HH... keppy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread