What's new

My 11 Year Old Nephews Found...

diggummup

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
17,871
Reaction score
10,149
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the weekend my sister who lives in Ga. was up in N.C. looking at some property her husband is fixing to inherit. She has 3 boys, one who likes to metal detect (thanks to that detector I got him for Christmas a few years back), he's 11. Anyway I got a text from her last night showing me what he found when he was up there. The text said it was dug out under a tree in a large field in the "middle of nowhere North Carolina," lol. I just thought it was funny that a pair of roller skates were found under a tree in the middle of a field. Here's the pic she sent...

20170529_121436_1496077936069(1).webp
 
Here he is (pic is a year old though) ...

1424368_10201728197238090_1997925780_n.webp
 
Bet that made his detector scream.......
 
Very cool .. I had some just like them when I was a kid back in the early 1950's! Good memories!
 
Very cool .. I had some just like them when I was a kid back in the early 1950's! Good memories!

I remember trying those style on in the mid 60's. I could never get moving too fast.
 
A can of WD40 and these can be strapped on and ready to roll. Cool find. How'd these get here?!?:icon_scratch:
 
Nice find!:icon_thumright: Clean those up and show'em off. I remember those and using them on sidewalks. He made a cool find as I am sure that if you found a set in an antique store they would be expensive.
 
I could tell stories about skating sidewalks, and the wrecks I had wearing skates just like those. He needs to go back and find the skate key.
 
Man I had a wooden skate board with wheels just like that, well actually I still have it.
 
I remember strapping a pair of those to my shoes when I was maybe 8-10 years old myself back in the mid 70's, shortly before they went out of style I guess.
 
Another great example showing you just don't know what in the world you may find.
luvsdux
 
I started MD'ing at age 12 - 1975 send him this link = no pics of stuff from first 25 yrs
most of this is from last 20 - will probably inspire him to keep at it
https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-1/
 
Back in the mid 60's I took "everybody's" strap-on roller skates and turned them into SKATEBOARDS!!!! Had a blast doing it. My dad had the wood, shop and showed me just enough then to be "dangerous". And this included push custom made go-carts also!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with brakes)
 
Okay now,, they were placed in a field under a tree because everyone knows; You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd .
 
Okay now,, they were placed in a field under a tree because everyone knows; You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd .

PLEASE.... How would you know anybody can't roller skate in a buffalo herd...? Ok... I'm moving on (your right).
 
how cool is that, about to inherit some prop that prob hasnt
been Md and only 11 yrs old, you go little guy HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom