What's new

My 1st Shield Nickel

scavanau

Full Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
146
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace-250, AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first thought I dug another 2¢ coin when I saw the shield but the 1874 date confused me. Flipped it over to clean it better and realized my 2 was backwards. Good quick day between rain showers in Mom and Dad's front yard again.
 

Attachments

  • 1471117985809.webp
    1471117985809.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 1471118000730.webp
    1471118000730.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 28
Congrats on the shield nickel, I wish we would get some rain, dry and hot here
 
Congratualtions on the old 5 cent piece! :occasion14:
 
Dodgin' those thunder bumpers must be good for huntin'........!!
Great recovery!!
 
Congrats. I dug a 2 cent coin last night and thought it was a shield at first
 
Nice...on my bucket list
 
great find - still on my list too
 
Congrats on your first Shield Nickel. That one is in great shape. Ours are usually pretty crusty from the fields.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom