What's new

My 7th capped silver

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out this morning to the same field I hunted yesterday. Found this 1820 liberty cap dime and another LC. I'm going to try and clean them up a bit. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • _20160924_104515.webp
    _20160924_104515.webp
    265.4 KB · Views: 217
  • _20160924_104437.webp
    _20160924_104437.webp
    475.6 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 46
Spectacular Art! Here in Wisconsin it's POSSIBLE to find CB stuff but just not probable. I think I will at some point as I have potentially old enough sites and hopefully many years of hunting left but so far I'm not holding....
Very nice work! Were they all found with the MXT?
 
Sweet Dime, , the old silver is getting harder and harder to find. Right now I would be really happy with a seated. lol
Congratulations
 
Last edited:
Spectacular Art! Here in Wisconsin it's POSSIBLE to find CB stuff but just not probable. I think I will at some point as I have potentially old enough sites and hopefully many years of hunting left but so far I'm not holding....
Very nice work! Were they all found with the MXT?

Found this one with the sport, others found with MXT
 
Congrats on the awesome finds. Capped bust coins make me drool. I would likely soil myself if I were to ever be lucky enough to find one.....
 
Nice finds art!, I'd love to find just 1 of those darn capped bust coins!, congrats!!
 
That is CRAZY good luck!! 7 of the critters? Congrats. Hope you can find more. None around here so far that I have found or heard of being found
 
Congrats on your 7th. capped bust. All these years detecting and I am still trying to find my first.
 
Congratualtions on the Liberty Cap dime find! :occasion14:
 
Awesome finds
 
That is an excellent old dime. There were still wild elves running around back then.
 
Yawn! Another capped.....

Art you're killing me! I've only found one (1834) and there's a gap in my silver dates from 1773-1834. It's a very difficult era to find silver and I congratulate you. Keep on swinging man!
 
Great old Capped dime....big congrats!
The LC...looks to be pretty smoked, able to get a date?
 
Nice job on the Capped Dime. Congrats.
 
Holy moly!! That's an awesome old silver! Never found one, still on my bucket list, hopefully someday. Enjoy your finds, congrats and HH
 
Art,

Good going on the capped dime.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Good job as always Art and thanks for always sharing your amazing finds!!!!
 
You're killing the capped coins this year Art. You should change your screen name to "Capped Killer". Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom