What's new

My Apologies

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still here, I haven't forgotten ya'll. I spent all my free time the past 2 weeks with my ailing 4 legged friend "Skeeter", loving on him. We knew his days were numbered. He lived to be 17 years old. He became blind and darn near deaf. Friday night he had a very hard time moving his right front leg. We already had an appointment made at the vet for 11 AM Saturday (yesterday). I still have tears flowing, but we know we did what was best for our beloved family member. The house is quiet even though we have 2 parrots and 2 other dogs.

Here's to Skeeter :occasion14: remembering the good times.



Yes even a retired lifer can shed tears.
 
loco....feel your pain...hard times for sure..been there.best to you
 
I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though the decision to put him down was hard for y'all he is no longer in pain.
 
Sorry Loco, feel your pain. Our 13 year old Brittany was given months to live, with cancer.........over a year ago. We just lost him 2 months ago. We knew it was coming, but damn it's hard! His name was Cooper, not mine
 
Feel your loss, sorry for your great loss. Same here happened 6 weeks ago and still have a tear sometimes, his name was Patch. We love them so much, they're with us 24/7, always happy to see us, no judging and loyal as few can be. No wonder we get so attached to our furry friends and always be (excuse my english). Like you said, we have another dog (found him he is treat) and 2 cats, but still, the house is too quiet. I'll have one on Skeeter :occasion14: and Patch.
 
Sorry man. I feel your pain. I had to euthanize my cat last year and cried like a school girl. They become part of the family. Just be greatful of the time you had with Skeeter.
All the best...
Peace
 
Sorry to hear that Loco.

R.I.P. Skeeter

Engine
 
I'm so sorry, Loco.

I never had children so my dogs are my children. I am so fearful of the day I have to say good-bye. Cherish the memories and know that Skeeter is walking beside you when you're out on a hunt.
 
sorry loco,remember the time you had with Skeeter
and that will give you a smile, even through the tears
 
Loco... I am very sorry for your loss...

The old saying "a dog is a mans best friend"... is a real truth.

ARC.
 
Yup...when we open our hearts to a pet, for such a long time, it really hurts when it's time....
 
I feel your pain my friend. We have been there several times. I'm sure he had a great life and now he's resting. Go save another one. That has been the best medicine for us. "If only people could be more like dogs"

HH, Relic Nut
 
I am very sorry for the loss LD. We had to have my best friend ever put down a couple years ago and I still miss him. They leave a mark on our life that can't be matched by anything else.
 
Aww man that's the tough part of pet ownership. They are family, sorry for your loss. I believe the Rainbow Bridge still has Monday candle ceremonies.
 
Dang it Loco. Not good to hear.
An old beagle I ran with, shared a home with many years ago I named Skeeter too.

We've had two of our best of another breed head out the past month.
One the vet put down, my boy....
The other my girlfriends velcro baby that produced multiple litters including numerous champions.

With age the routines and expected sights,sounds and confirmation of bonds with pets when ended, seems harder to put behind us.
Worth having had the brief time with them though and we keep the memories..

Consider how your buddy would have you be feeling.
(He might probably would wonder why you'd be apologizing to us lousy diggers?)
 
Peace! Lost my dog last year he was 14. It upsets me even now. I bet your dog knew he was loved !:hello:
 
Hey Loco Digger,
So sorry to hear about your loss. Last December we had to put our beloved Monty down. He lived to be 15 years old which is 8 years more than they gave him to begin with. When Monty was young we found out that he had epilepsy and they told us the medication to control it would significantly decrease his life expectancy. At age 9 Monty was still going strong and even had a Knee replacement... That's right the dog had a titanium knee. Anyhow even though its difficult now as time goes on you will find solace in the memory of your pup and the knowledge that you provided him with a loving home.
 
Loco.... So sorry for ya buddy. Hard to get over I know. My wife and I have had to put down 3 dogs within the past year. They were all beloved pets and loyal as hell. And the worse is coming soon for me. We have a black lab who is my "best friend". Where I go she goes.... to the store, caving, woods, workshop or the bathroom she's right there with me. She's struggling hard and breaking down physically.

Listen.... I know you did you best and gave your dog the best and all your love also.... I COMPLETELY understand your lose. Move on, find a new dog friend and pour your heart and sole into it in memory.

I feel for ya buddy.... Brad
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom