What's new

My bank got some coin counter bags.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took two weeks of them forgetting but I got 1 bag of halves $497.50 and 3 bags of cents, all from their main branch's coin counter.

When I got home I opened the halves to confirm the count. There was $496 in halves AND 5 quarters, 1 dime & 1 nickel so I was shorted ten cents. It seems very strange that $1.50 in halves was missing and $1.40 in change was in there. I am pretty sure someone took a peek and pulled out 3 halves and tossed in the change to pay for it. The bag was sealed with string and a tag but I could untie the string and the crimplock was not tight. The bag also had a 1970's one peso (mexico) and a brass token for a batting cage machine about 10 miles away. They are both the size of a half. So I figure I didn't lose anything.

Now what did I find?
1 - 1944 walking liberty half (fair condition) ;D
6 - 90% JFK :D
24 - 40% JFK :)

I will open the ¢¢¢ this weekend. Hope it is full of wheats and indians.
 
Upvote 0
;D
Good finds.
I'm supposed to pick up a bag of halves on the 2nd! Hope mine are as good!
Good Hunting!
 
engine 823 said:
Hope mine are as good!
NO, hope they are better.

Keep thinking BARBER ;D (it really does work)
 
7 90% in less than $500 ?? You're not allowed to complain about that.
 
I have generally found that bags produce the best, over boxes and loose rolls. Unfortunately it is getting harder and harder to find the bags.
 
cyberdan said:
Keep thinking BARBER ;D (it really does work)

Dang.

I was thinking Barber, barber, barber, all the way to the bank.

And I got a HAIRCUT!

They gave me $1,000, and it had 3 of those Mexican Pesos (Worthless), 2 quarters, and one Bermuda something or other (Other not worth much). And I found ZERO 90% and ZERO 40%. So, I lost about $2 on the deal. :-(

Maybe I'll jut think "Franklins" in stead of "Barber". :-)
 
:'(
Well I went to the bank to get my bag. The bag was a $1000.00 bag and I usually only have $300 at a time to use for CRH. I usually buy $300 dollars worth then go back after I finish them and get more until I finish the box, etc... Well I didn't think about it but when I bought $300 in halves out of the bag the teller opened the sealed bag and hand counted out my $300 dollars worth. well I got a big skunk. Sure she probably set any silver back for herself as she went through it for me. Learned something there. Buy the whole bag or nothing!!!!
 
It is always best to buy the whole bag. I ran into a money crunch on 1 road trip and didn' have the money to buy the whole bag. I was talking to the nice young teller counting out the halves for the money I had and I told her I still needed both the 2006 halves for my book and asked if I could look through the remaining halves real quick on the counter. She was happy to help me look for a 2006 (which I really did need) and I picked up the 3 silver halves I saw and replaced them with 3 from the ones she gave me. She asked if they were 2006 halves, I told her no but I thought they were ones I might need. Unfortunatly there were no 2006 halves in the bag.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom