What's new

My Best Day Ever...Thanks to My Favorite Teller!!!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went to meet a guy in a local town selling 5 rolls of 40% halves for $60 a roll at lunchtime today (great craigslist buy considering melt value as of today for the rolls is $355.68 and I paid $300). :laughing7: At any rate, after the purchase I thought it would be a great opportunity to stop at a few banks and search for some more of the good stuff. :tongue3: On the way to stop at the bank I noticed I had a missed call and voicemail. The number looked familiar and I was thinking to myself wouldn't that be crazy if it was the same teller who called me a few weeks back about the old lady who dropped off 28 rolls of halves from her deceased father's vault (http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,353294.0.html). Guess what? It was!!! She said "we have 48 rolls of halves we will hold for you just call us and let us know if you want them." I called back and the head teller was busy so I told the other teller I would be by soon to get them.

I was thinking to myself that amount ($480) sounds like it might be someone's dumps but to keep a good rapport with them and to have them keep calling me whenever they get in halves I figured I would take one for the team if necessary. I was close to the bank so when I got there the teller tells me it was the same old lady who dropped off the 28 rolls before and now she dropped off another 48 more rolls from her father's vault!!!!!!!!! I was freaking out at this point because they previous 28 rolls produced [1] 90%er and [8] 40%ers and I knew these rolls would produce too. I brought them home during lunch and had to wait to tear them open after work. The rolls did not disappoint and provided me with my best day ever - thanks to my favorite teller of course!!! :hello2:

The 48 rolls produced:

32 - 40%ers with a melt value of $113.82

Some stats:
-23 of the rolls had silver in them
-15 rolls had 1 silver
-7 rolls had 2 silvers
-1 roll had 3 silvers
-No coin was newer than 1983

Picture below for your viewing pleasure! The 5 - 40%ers at the top are from my first box of the week that I opened today as well - the most amount of silvers from a box at this particular bank so all in all this is my best silver day ever!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Attachments

  • CIMG0051.webp
    CIMG0051.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0
Re: My Favorite Teller...Best Day Ever!!!

nice score, that's a good day for anyone on here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom