What's new

My Best End Scraper

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a real Beauty. Id be interested in seeing everyones favorite.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10099.webp
    SDC10099.webp
    286.7 KB · Views: 207
  • SDC10100.webp
    SDC10100.webp
    253.6 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 0
Its a real Beauty. Id be interested in seeing everyones favorite.

What specifically is an end scraper? Is it different than just any scraper?
 
What specifically is an end scraper? Is it different than just any scraper?

end scraper, thumb scraper, both would be better termed as uni-face scrapers.

They are often merely flakes with only one side knapped in the forming of the tool or simply from re-sharpening. They knock a piece off a rock, and it's sharp. They use it until it's dull, the re-sharpening process makes the end blunted, but nicely knapped like rocks piece..
 
I have so many it would be hard to pick a favorite. I even have some from other states for my states collection that are just awesome little Tools. The ones I have from North Dakota made from Knife River Flint are unbelievably nice.
 
I have so many it would be hard to pick a favorite. I even have some from other states for my states collection that are just awesome little Tools. The ones I have from North Dakota made from Knife River Flint are unbelievably nice.

Well show them anyway. I think it is one of the best made scrapers.
 
I'm with Steve, I have found so many of them,,,, favorites are many. There are three of my best personal found favorites from one site in the top of this pic.
DSCN3207.webp



DSCN3207.webp
 
Last edited:
I don't find many mostly ovals and Humpbacks here. Always a nice surprise to find a nicely made End scraper for me.
 
I have quite a few of these things. I was able to really load up at a couple of auctions in the past. .
DSCN3444.webpDSCN3442.webpDSCN3419.webp
 
Here is a few pictures of my North Dakota pieces. Lots of really nice Scrapers in those trays.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0061.webp
    DSC_0061.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0060.webp
    DSC_0060.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0059.webp
    DSC_0059.webp
    37 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0058.webp
    DSC_0058.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0057.webp
    DSC_0057.webp
    44 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0764.webp
    IMG_0764.webp
    72.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0763.webp
    IMG_0763.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0109.webp
    DSC_0109.webp
    79.8 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0063.webp
    DSC_0063.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0062.webp
    DSC_0062.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0765.webp
    IMG_0765.webp
    75.3 KB · Views: 112
  • tt (2).webp
    tt (2).webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 115
Here's a really nice one from Kansas made from Alibates Flint.
 

Attachments

  • Kansas (3).webp
    Kansas (3).webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Kansas (4).webp
    Kansas (4).webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 122
Here's some of my favorite personal finds.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0068.webp
    DSC_0068.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0066.webp
    DSC_0066.webp
    16 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_0078.webp
    DSC_0078.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0080.webp
    DSC_0080.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0081.webp
    DSC_0081.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0070.webp
    DSC_0070.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0083.webp
    DSC_0083.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0085.webp
    DSC_0085.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0088.webp
    DSC_0088.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 120
That sure is a nice little thumbscraper, rock. :icon_thumright:
 
My good friend Larson sent me bags of nice end scrapers made with various Lithic types. When I arrived here at Tnet, I had a time learning all of the lithic types. Steve sent me bags of scrapers labeled flint, quartzite, petrified wood....! It was a great gift and I often use it now as a reference. I'll look for some pics of my favorite personal finds.
 
Where is Larson (Steve)?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom