My Best Find Ever!******new pics added towards the bottom somewhere......

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Photo386.jpg
    Photo386.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 7,704
  • Photo386.jpg
    Photo386.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 7,692
  • Photo390.jpg
    Photo390.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 7,498
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best one I've seen ..... Remarkable find!

Banner worthy for sure.
GG~

Congratulations on your 'BANNER FIND', i've never seen or found one of those in 30 years of hunting.

Fossis.........

Great piece but....what is that metallic mark across its face?? :icon_scratch:

kuger said:

Hi Kuger.....

The metallic mark is from my three prong dirt raking garden tool.....I'm not sure what you exactly call them? I haven't tried to remove it yet, and am not sure that it's even worth trying. I don't know how hard I scraped across this point, but I'm really lucky it didn't break when I hit it......or cause any damage at all. It would have been horrible had I hit one of the ears!

Bagman13 said:
kuger said:

Hi Kuger.....

The metallic mark is from my three prong dirt raking garden tool.....I'm not sure what you exactly call them? I haven't tried to remove it yet, and am not sure that it's even worth trying. I don't know how hard I scraped across this point, but I'm really lucky it didn't break when I hit it......or cause any damage at all. It would have been horrible had I hit one of the ears!

Man,no kidding!!That would have been heart breaking!! :notworthy:

Re: My Best Find Ever!

Great looking piece, congratulations.

Neanderthal said:
And before someone goes there, it's not Carrizo either :D

Great answer Neanderthal. When I saw the first post I thought we would be treated to some humor and solid typology knowledge, I was not dissapointed.

Gorgeous, and I also dont think it is reworked. Way too balanced in thickness and flaking across the point. In Texas, we often group the calf creek, bell and andice. Andice being the largest with deep knotches.
I found an andice in central texas of almost the exact same material and knapping style. I swear it could have been made by the same dude (or culture). I will post a pick after work.

WOW! That is sweet! Has anyone given an idea on the value?

i am so happy for you! what a beautiful artifact!! my favorite finds are the ones that bend the norm a lil, make us think a bit. i wish you and yours and everyone here a safe and productive new year of hunting!
:hello2:

Miami-valley-artifacts said:
Quite possibly the neatest rework/recycle of a point I have ever seen! Congrats

I talk to Matt, He says its 100% legit, and it is a first form.... He saw it in person and also got some good photos...

compaired to a modern broadhead that point is friggin huge most modern broadheads are half that size and cut like a lazer. i would have never wanted to be on the business end of that huge point. awsome find i have a few i found in iatan mo where the otoe indians were from. i will post in a few days and a reproduction of a bear claw trade necklace i made last nov 10.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back