What's new

My Best Find Ever!******new pics added towards the bottom somewhere......

Bagman13

Full Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
125
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TNetters!I decided to go out early this morning and think that I scored :) I thought it was a regular blade until I saw that beautiful notch as I cleaned it (and myself :)). My best point, and best Christmas present to myself ever! It's a very nice material for my area! Merry Christmas everyone!
 

Attachments

  • Photo386.webp
    Photo386.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 7,773
  • Photo386.webp
    Photo386.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 7,739
  • Photo390.webp
    Photo390.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 7,542
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great find!!! Like the new pics... Congrats on the Banner!!!
 
My find made the Banner!

Thank Everyone so much for the votes and responses!

Treasurenet is such a sweet site :)
 
Congrats on making the banner Very nice point and you deserve that to say the very least
 
Once in a life time find.Well Done!!!!!!!
 
Wow! Great Point!! :icon_thumleft:

Steve
 
Way to go , Man you point hunters find some incredible hand made wonders. Got a couple points but no where near this caliber.
and congrats on the banner it in its self is a powerfull motivator.
 
Congrats for making the Banner! that is a awesome piece.
 
Wow! That's a way cool piece. I've never seen a point that looks like that...and the others people posted in this thread. Keep that spot secret!
 
I was thinking from the first look that I never seen any point like this one, and as I read on seeing that the expert neanderthal has only seen 5 explains why. Also as stated a very localized type.
Way cool. The rock itself is very nice, but the one neanderthal posted is even nicer as far as piece of rock goes. That is one beautiful stone.

This style must have been extreamly hard to make, you know without breaking the piece, which might lend something towards it's rarity ? just a though.

Here's a good question, if only 5 are know, what would a rock like that be worth ?

Apparently you just made your once-in-a-lifetime find. BIG CONGRATULATIONS !

Rick
 
What a neat find for sure. Congratulations on that. How exciting. I would like to read some more about them as I have never seen one. The skill they exhibited on the Calf creeks is fabulous in itself.
Has this been classified as a type ? I can not seem to find any information on this at all.
Are their any links or articles anyone can share about them? :read2:
I bet you were stoked when you saw it in your dirt pile :thumbsup:
 
TnMountains said:
What a neat find for sure. Congratulations on that. How exciting. I would like to read some more about them as I have never seen one. The skill they exhibited on the Calf creeks is fabulous in itself.
Has this been classified as a type ? I can not seem to find any information on this at all.
Are their any links or articles anyone can share about them? :read2:
I bet you were stoked when you saw it in your dirt pile :thumbsup:

I'm working on it. :icon_thumleft:
 
Very, very cool find. I shall go with Neanderthal on this. That is a 'first form". The knapping would look a little different and have some breaks in a re-work. Just looking at the pics. I hope Neanderthal gets to see it in person, and we hear some more on this find.
 
WTG On the banner find HH Chug and Red
 
Simply put-That's one sweet find. :icon_thumright:
 
Beautiful piece! Congratulations! Breezie
 
Glad to see it made the banner. Awesome piece.

Molly.
 
Wow!! What a killer find :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hello2:

Banner, Banner. Good on ya Bagman--you lucky dude--man you must live right. You even drug Ole Neanderthal out on a holiday.

What next?

Stryker :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom