My Best find EVER! Thanks Modern Miner

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Modern Miner had invited me to met him and several friends in North Carolina to metal detect. I wasn't able to go because of a bum shoulder. I was feeling down about not being able to go until I got my mail today. I found, in my mail, a new hybrid metal detector and golf club. This is a prototype invention created by Modern Miner. I got out for a little while to test it out and got a distinct reading for gold coins at 4 1/2 feet. Being that this is pretty deep, I decided not to dig them up. I put an X on the spot so Modern Miner could dig them up later. I then took the hybrid detector/driver to the golf course. I hit one ball 375 yards, which is a little further than I normally hit it. The ball took a bad bounce and wound up in the rough (that is tall grass to you non-golfers). I then switched the hybrid to "golf-ball" mode and within a very short time, I found my golf ball. I know all of you out there will want to buy one of these hybrid detector/drivers, but this one is not for sale. The Smithsonian has already contacted me about donating it to their museum. This is what I plan to do. Anyone wishing to have one of these hybrids will have to contact Modern Miner. I am sure he can build you one for less than $25,000.
Thanks for looking!
Dman

Attachments

• dsc01295 (2).jpg
    dsc01295 (2).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • DSC01295shrink.JPG
    DSC01295shrink.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,283
  • dsc01295 (2).jpg
    dsc01295 (2).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,273
  • DSC01299shrink.JPG
    DSC01299shrink.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,281
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a patent on that thing.....I can see B-I-GGGGG BUCKS coming from the sale of those metal-putter-detector-driver thingees.
(Now, can you build me a modified one......instead of golf......i.e., hitting a poor defenseless ball into little groundhog holes.....
I knead one that detects TROUT. Can you do it?

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
no thanks, I'm waiting for the sattelite enhanced gps version with laser pinpointing. nice unit though.

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Chocadog said:
It looks great but I have one question, does this detector have a "sand switch" this would help in recovery shots from the bunkers. How does the detector work on sea side courses?
Mine does have the sand switch but you will have to wait till this fall for the new enhanced model. It will have the water feature on it. ;D :laughing9:

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
wwwtimmcp said:
no thanks, I'm waiting for the sattelite enhanced gps version with laser pinpointing. nice unit though.

He's taking pre-orders now. Should be ready by mid-May. Just ordered mine with the optional "liquid medicine" dispenser... :tongue3: $32,000 and worth every pulltab...lol

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hikeinmts said:
Get a patent on that thing.....I can see B-I-GGGGG BUCKS coming from the sale of those metal-putter-detector-driver thingees.
(Now, can you build me a modified one......instead of golf......i.e., hitting a poor defenseless ball into little groundhog holes.....
I knead one that detects TROUT. Can you do it?

Hikeinmts,
I think that one is already out there. :icon_scratch: I believe it's called a "Fisher". :tongue3:
I'm with you though. Detecting & fishing are my two favorite hobbies. Doing some trout finishing next week myself. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread