My Best find EVER! Thanks Modern Miner

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Modern Miner had invited me to met him and several friends in North Carolina to metal detect. I wasn't able to go because of a bum shoulder. I was feeling down about not being able to go until I got my mail today. I found, in my mail, a new hybrid metal detector and golf club. This is a prototype invention created by Modern Miner. I got out for a little while to test it out and got a distinct reading for gold coins at 4 1/2 feet. Being that this is pretty deep, I decided not to dig them up. I put an X on the spot so Modern Miner could dig them up later. I then took the hybrid detector/driver to the golf course. I hit one ball 375 yards, which is a little further than I normally hit it. The ball took a bad bounce and wound up in the rough (that is tall grass to you non-golfers). I then switched the hybrid to "golf-ball" mode and within a very short time, I found my golf ball. I know all of you out there will want to buy one of these hybrid detector/drivers, but this one is not for sale. The Smithsonian has already contacted me about donating it to their museum. This is what I plan to do. Anyone wishing to have one of these hybrids will have to contact Modern Miner. I am sure he can build you one for less than $25,000.
Thanks for looking!
Dman

Attachments

• dsc01295 (2).jpg
    dsc01295 (2).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • DSC01295shrink.JPG
    DSC01295shrink.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,283
  • dsc01295 (2).jpg
    dsc01295 (2).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,273
  • DSC01299shrink.JPG
    DSC01299shrink.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,281
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: I knew you'd love it, Burt! :D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Right length too :tongue3:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You two clowns are killing me!! What next-LOL? Happy golfing and detecting. How are you going to explain this to your Orthopedist? Quindy.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman,
No problem. I'm glad you enjoyed the hybrid model. You know my mind never starts stops working.
I wish you & Q could have joined us. I know we were all saying that. You guys were with us in spirit through what we saw in the woods. We actually spotted some golf balls in the woods (no kidding) and thought of you. Every time we dug a mule shoe we thought of Quindy for some reason. :dontknow: :laughing9:

I forgot to mention, those are special golf balls too from my Vegas trip. They have your favorite TV star Chum Lee on them. Check it out. :icon_thumleft:

Enjoy the new detector club and don't forget to fill in your divots. :tongue3: :laughing9:

I hope we see you out detecting again soon.
-Dug-

P.S. Folks, I am having a blowout sale on this model for two days only. You can order one now for only $21,000. That includes free shipping and a bag of patch repair grass seed. :tongue3:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deadwood Dick said:
I'm sorry but I smell BS.
The perfect machine, sorry I don't buy it.

Go ahead and crucify me, but 33 years of being a cop, nothing is perfect.
:dontknow: :icon_scratch:
Huh?

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
ModernMiner said:
Deadwood Dick said:

Huh?
I never said the machine was perfect. I said Modern Miner is perfect. Why would I want to crucify you for being a cop. I have the a lot of respect for police officers.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman said:
ModernMiner said:
Deadwood Dick said:

Huh?
I never said the machine was perfect. I said Modern Miner is perfect. Why would I want to crucify you for being a cop. I have the a lot of respect for police officers.

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out what Dick being a cop for 33 years has to do with this gag golf club detector? :dontknow:
There's always one in the crowd. :tongue3:
-MM-

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: THAT's GREAT MM! Man, I'm envious Doug, you have a one of a kind Minelab and I'd like to have one as it looks like it could clean up on some relics!!! ;D :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Deadwood Dick

Mar 13, 2011
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
A lowly Bounty Hunter 202
My abject appologies for my statement earlier. If I can remove my head from my lower parts, please accept my apologies for my statement. I need to read the whole entry before I reply. Sorry for the post to you. For having 33 years in law enforcement I acted like a rookie.

Deadwood

Intodeep

Mar 14, 2011
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350, Wilson Neuman Daytona
That's hilarious Dman :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: .... it's great having friends like that. Hats off to you Modern Miner. HH 2 All

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ModernMiner, if the 2 day sale is still on I'll take 3 of those beauties :icon_thumleft: charge em to JuJu an send em to my address :laughing9:

HH Tank

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
Hey ModernMiner, if the 2 day sale is still on I'll take 3 of those beauties :icon_thumleft: charge em to JuJu an send em to my address :laughing9:

HH Tank

You got it buddy. Tell JuJu that I accept Paypal. :tongue3: :laughing9:
-MM-

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
It looks great but I have one question, does this detector have a "sand switch" this would help in recovery shots from the bunkers. How does the detector work on sea side courses?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread