🥇 BANNER My best find in 20 years!!! Incredible Ring!!!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
After yesterday's great barber half find I was going to take a break today but the detecting bug woke me up early and said lets go, and sooooo glad I did. I have found many rings over the years but not any that I can really brag about, till today! Was going to head to my barber lot when on my way there I took a different route about 5 minutes away from it. Passing thru a neighborhood that dates back to the early 1900's when I seen one of the homes had recently been tore down and a empty lot was screaming at me to stop. After a very slow start and a few wheats and a mercury dime later I was thinking, not as good as I thought it was going to be, than bam! A strong 81-82 on my At pro, dug down about 4" when I seen it, still not sure what I had till I picked it up and realized I found my best ring ever. Looks from the style to be from the 1920's, Amethyst and diamonds and is 10k marked. Taking to Jewelers this week for cleaning and appraisal. I am one happy guy.

ForumRunner_20140202_164836.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164857.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164917.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164936.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164956.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165026.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165053.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165115.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165141.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165204.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165228.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165255.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165322.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165347.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165423.png

Upvote 107

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not such a fan of rings, but that one does have a nice appeal to it...

I love following your threads and comments. Love your posts! I have to say, though, put a nice 2nd century Roman signet ring under your coil, then we'll see how much of a fan you are of rings, and how quickly they make it to the banner. hahaha! HH!

Edit: Congrats on banner! Beautiful ring, pal!

Last edited:

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
I have never been turned away from such sites.I make sure to find out who the supervisor is and talk to him at his little trailor on site and make him aware that I am used to working around and on his type equipment and haver never been turned down and also, you would be surprised at how many of those trailors have a metal detector standing in the corner.I have been asked to do it at surnen hours or days.But you have to do what they say and look after there property while you are there.
That is one LARGE LOVELY ring! Congrats!

We have a demo. Site in downtown I'd love to get into, but it's fenced and posted "no trespassing", the same with a large park.:BangHead:

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring is beautiful! Congrats on finding and saving that one. Banner for sure!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on making banner!

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I have never been turned away from such sites.I make sure to find out who the supervisor is and talk to him at his little trailor on site and make him aware that I am used to working around and on his type equipment and haver never been turned down and also, you would be surprised at how many of those trailors have a metal detector standing in the corner.I have been asked to do it at surnen hours or days.But you have to do what they say and look after there property while you are there.

Msbeep. As billin stated I have never been turned down hunting in a fenced zone as long as it was done with someone on the premises. I do a lot of hunting in road tear outs here in vegas and the same thing goes this long as you don't get in there way stay away from there equipment and any lines they have drawn and to respect the layout and of course to fill any of your holes as anywhere weekends here are open game in any of these for me I've never had a problem. And same goes with empty lots actually I've had a lot of owners pull up at the time of me digging in the usually just ask if I found anything and just make sure I fill up any holes. Actually the day I found the ring about 20 minutes in an older gentleman walked up and said he use to live on this lot in the fifties. He lives down the street now apparently the house had foreclosed on and now it is the property of the bank so they tore it down. And yes of course I asked him if him or his wife might of lost anything and he said no. He never had anything of value to lose. Lol

Last edited:

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Real nice ring Ray, would be interesting to know the history on that one.
Rich

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's a banner and where are they?

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's a banner and where are they?

The banner is literally the image banner at the top of each page on this website. (Same banner for each page) Usually only finds get voted to the banner that are posted in "today's finds" because it gets the most traffic. Forum users can 'nominate for the banner' with a reason why, and if an item gets enough votes, a moderator will pull it up to the banner. I don't think anyone really knows the requirements or the threshold, but go ahead and find yourself a gold ring and you can count on your friends here to vote it up. :)

Corlett

Jan 22, 2014
Manchester
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special edition
Whites Dual field P.I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, that´s a beautifull ring, well done, you can be proud of that one... :thumbsup:

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
That is an outSTANDing ring! I'll have to go through the previous comments and see if you got it appraised. Congrats!

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banner is literally the image banner at the top of each page on this website. (Same banner for each page) Usually only finds get voted to the banner that are posted in "today's finds" because it gets the most traffic. Forum users can 'nominate for the banner' with a reason why, and if an item gets enough votes, a moderator will pull it up to the banner. I don't think anyone really knows the requirements or the threshold, but go ahead and find yourself a gold ring and you can count on your friends here to vote it up. :)

Thanks for the explanation. :-)

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen ! Congrats
Glen

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That is one nice ring there Frodo! Great score. Congrats on Banner!! jgas

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Neil & that's not even mentioning the fact he found it on someone's lot without permission.....

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds

I knew the haters would be showing up sooner than later, glad you both could make it, oh and by the way empty lots here are open game here, next week it will be a parking lot. I would rather dig up history than see it coverd forever. See todays post of this same lot if your blood pressures dont get to high.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread