What's new

my best finds continue to come from creek

ptsofnc

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,000
Reaction score
957
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These 2 were found Sept 5 & 7 2016. Was stunned by both (and very thankful). Basically from the same spot in the creek. The needle tip on the one is the best I've ever found....will never be topped. I know they look to good to be true, but I assure you they are.

DSCN1561.webpDSCN1563.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sorry the pictures are so bad. I'm a technidolt and need help to post which is why I don't so much.
 
You have great eyes! Hope you find more, those are beauties. Looks super sharp!
 
Two exceptional finds! Hard to find them with the super fine tips. What part of NC do you hunt?
 
Love the triangles, even small I usually find them missing an ear.
 
Two exceptional finds! Hard to find them with the super fine tips. What part of NC do you hunt?

NW Piedmont. I'll try to get some better pictures.
 
Those are two very fine Triangles. Finding the needle tips on those is almost impossible. I have thousands of Triangle Points and probably have 10 or less with needle tips. Awesome finds man!!

Are you seeing any Pottery, Bone, or Mussell Shell anywhere in the creek? Those are Ft Ancient Triangles and you may have a Midden or Village Site washing into the creek. What state are you in? May have just been from hunting too though.
 
That makes sense. Those are probably Piedmont Culture related, correct?

Yes. I find lots of pottery shards in the creek. In the fields beside the creek, I found hundreds of points way back when it was still farmed....40+years ago.
 
Awesome points, and I know, that you know, there are more there that you will be adding to your collection. HH
 
Awesome points, and I know, that you know, there are more there that you will be adding to your collection. HH

Yes. I'm certain there are more. Thanks.
 
Very nice triangles! In TN we call them Hamiltons...what is the local term for them?
 
Dont get them to close to the sink you are scaring me. One on the left looks like a Fort Ancient and the other is a Yadkin. Both very nice finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom